50TB Usenet for $5

airborne

Honorary Master
The problem though is you still need a Usenet aggregator or whatever they are called. I didn't realise that and signed for Usenet only to find I need to pay another R100pm just to have acess to a decent search engine.

cavedog

Honorary Master
The problem though is you still need a Usenet aggregator or whatever they are called. I didn't realise that and signed for Usenet only to find I need to pay another R100pm just to have acess to a decent search engine.

There are some free ones like

abnzb.com
nzbfinder.ws
binsearch.info
ninjacentral.co.za
newz69.keagaming.com

airborne

Honorary Master
There are some free ones like

abnzb.com
nzbfinder.ws
binsearch.info
ninjacentral.co.za
newz69.keagaming.com
I've tried some of those and they are pretty rubbish, you need paid search engines if you want access to all the glory of Usenet.

RoCkFoRdGuN

Dont dable with the free usenet servers they full of malware and viruses.

Im using

Searchers
Nzbgeek
Nzbplanet

Newservers
Astraweb
Newshosting.com

U can use them with
Radarr
Sonarr
Nzbget

Mars

Honorary Master
NewsDemon are a bunch of Fskers.
I got a $8.99 uncapped account special with them that they said would never expire. Great. Speeds where ok, everything was fine. About a year in I have a look at my paypal acount and I see that theyre charging me about $3 in the middle of the month as well. I contact them and ask them WTF this is. They say its the vpn that comes with the account. I check back and they've been charging me for that crap since the beginning.
I tell them that I never asked for it and they must refund me.
surprise surprise they refuse.
I then told them to credit me for the $33 odd that they charged me and it can go off my account instead of the payments for the next few months.
Reasonable?

Not to them. They cancelled my account. When I complained they said sorry, now you have to sign up for the $10.99 account if I want to continue.

Nothing I can do about it except tell this story every chance I get.

Fsk them. dodgy bunch of motherfuskers.

Dan C

Honorary Master
NewsDemon are a bunch of Fskers.
I got a $8.99 uncapped account special with them that they said would never expire. Great. Speeds where ok, everything was fine. About a year in I have a look at my paypal acount and I see that theyre charging me about $3 in the middle of the month as well. I contact them and ask them WTF this is. They say its the vpn that comes with the account. I check back and they've been charging me for that crap since the beginning.
I tell them that I never asked for it and they must refund me.
surprise surprise they refuse.
I then told them to credit me for the $33 odd that they charged me and it can go off my account instead of the payments for the next few months.
Reasonable?

Not to them. They cancelled my account. When I complained they said sorry, now you have to sign up for the $10.99 account if I want to continue.

Nothing I can do about it except tell this story every chance I get.

Fsk them. dodgy bunch of motherfuskers.
I just buy block accounts with Bitcoin :)

Gnarls

Expert Member
Dont dable with the free usenet servers they full of malware and viruses.

Im using

Searchers
Nzbgeek
Nzbplanet

Thanks for the NZBGeek recomendation. I'm on NZBPlanet too and I'm with Usenetbucket.

SeaSickMama

Expert Member

Basically a 50TB block account for $5 once off that will expire when data is used up or on November 25, 2021 which ever comes first.

Pretty decent special from NewsDemon.com

Works out to about R72 or so. Just thought I'd mention it if anyone is looking for a usenet server @dualmeister @SeaSickMama :)
Also my useful spot

RoCkFoRdGuN

I have a vip membership ones off fee.
But its so far the only thing i use and i havent had any issues with the setup

airborne

Honorary Master
Thought it was 2010.
Still the best place to find content, like lots of it and super fast downloads but it's not cheap and cheerful like open torrent sites and a bit of schelp.

But if you are prepared to pay and set it up it's probably the best "content" provider available.

I've never properly managed to get into it but I could see the potential.

Alldebrid probably gets you as much of the current content as Usenet and with way less hassle and cost. But it won't have anything close to the retention of Usenet. That's the other area where Usenet kills everything else, amazing retention, not nearly as many dead links.