52 days to install a Telkom landline

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Staff member
52 days to install a Telkom landline

Telkom is migrating customers from postpaid copper landlines to LTE-based look-alike services, but it is still installing copper in certain areas.

A Telkom customer recently contacted MyBroadband after ordering a new landline and encountering trouble with the company’s installation process.

Joseph matane

Mybroadband how can I contact you i need help regarding Telkom migration progress i have being trying to get your attention but no luck

now05ster

Expert Member
Telkom, that bastion of good customer service. Mine took 4 weeks to work, as I had to phone on the third week just so that they can log a call stating that my line was installed...

Emjay

Executive Member
Mybroadband how can I contact you i need help regarding Telkom migration progress i have being trying to get your attention but no luck
MyBroadband do not assist with customer related issues. You should escalate within Telkom.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
@rpm it would be interesting to see how much profitable their FLLA product is compared to the traditional landline

konfab

Honorary Master
pffft.

I waited like three months for the morons to tell me that they don't actually have a port for me. Then they had the audacity to start charging me line rental for a line that was never installed or connected.

now05ster

Expert Member
pffft.

I waited like three months for the morons to tell me that they don't actually have a port for me. Then they had the audacity to start charging me line rental for a line that was never installed or connected.
Lol. Bunch of clowns.

McGuywer

Executive Member
I thought the article related to how to get a line installed faster. 52 days does not sound very bad to me....

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Would been good if the article made clear whether there was already an existing line going into the client's premises or not. There's a big difference between ordering a new landline where there is already copper going into the premises, and where they have to actually come and drop a new line down from the pole. In my experience getting a new landline at a property that already has the physical infrastructure in place is just a matter of days. It sounds like this guys had to wait for Telkom actually come and drop the line into a property that didn't already have a landline previously installed.

OCP

Expert Member

Boris Becker

Expert Member
It's been 2 years since I've had to deal with Telkom personally or for business. And I couldn't be happier. I don't think I will ever deal with them again

Moto Guzzi

@rpm it would be interesting to see how much profitable their FLLA product is compared to the traditional landline
My line did not went faulty in many years, the actual cable never, so this copper was profitable, and many more similar copper paths.
Copper, I know I will miss you, yes some copper were bad and to replace it there is a good thing.
How safe are these wireless installations, seeing its going to be all around you all over the place, not like cellphone towers here and there-?

Joseph matane

MyBroadband do not assist with customer related issues. You should escalate within Telkom.
Telkom sucks so maybe with the influence of MyBB my concerns may be addressed just like the customer above did

torgo

Trying to get me to swop the fixed line to wireless. So many people I know moved and now have endless problems with line quality....

_TrXtR_

My friends line took 6 months to get installed. 1 month to get stolen. And now telkom refuses to fix it.

firozb

Yes I'm also experiencing fantastic service from Telkom.
They cut my line off for no reason - all my payments were up to date. Not going into details: a month and a week later, and numerous calls and emails later, I now have a line linked to my old number, but I can't make outgoing calls.
Pathetic! Their standard response when you call - "please wait 7 working days".
Dinosaur-era response times.

michael_mbb

Vumatel is also playing this game. Ordered fibre via Afrihost on the 22nd July. I keep contacting Vumatel and Afrihost every few days. They keep blaming each other, but its getting to the 50 day mark and Vumatel has still not installed the fibre line. Note: I'm in a complex and there are other units in my complex that have fibre.