52% of South Africans don’t want Covid vaccine, despite SA securing initial batch

Flywheel

Honorary Master
While tens of millions of people around the world have already received the life-saving Covid-19 vaccine, the first round of jabs has yet to commence in South Africa. Last week, however, Health Minister Dr Zweli Mkhize presented the government’s roll-out strategy and confirmed that the country will be receiving 1,000,000 doses in January, followed by 500,000 doses in February, from the Serum Institute of India (SII).

What does South Africa have to say?

Despite being in the midst of Covid-19’s second wave, with the number of reported local cases and deaths ballooning daily, a staggering 52% of South Africans would not even take the vaccine if it were available to them.

This is according to the latest data from leading fintech company, CompariSure, who have been surveying South Africans from all walks of life on their thoughts around the latest Covid-19 developments.

“From our most recent survey, we saw that just over 50% of respondents answered “No” to a direct question on whether they were willing to get the vaccine when it became available,” says Matt Kloos, CFO of CompariSure.

Perhaps sentiment will shift as vaccine rollouts continue around the world, especially if certain inoculated countries are able to eradicate the pandemic, but for now South Africans remain very sceptical.

neoprema

Expert Member
Good, more for me as i'm further down the list.

I don't agree with anti-vaxxers (even if COVID-19 is the first vaccine you refuse to take) - but the freedoms we all want to enjoy mean people must have the right to choose not to take the vaccine if they don't want it.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
with approximately 40% of respondents stating “Other”, with reasons like “fear of needles” and “government tracking” being supplied.
These folks make me laugh. No doubt in my mind a good few of the respondents gave that answer while completing the survey on their smart phone.

On their Facebook profile they have their city of residence and place of work. They also check-in when they visit places. Via Instagram they document their daily activities. On the way home they use Google Maps.

''The government wants to track us!''

Last edited:

Nemoneiros

Executive Member
While tens of millions of people around the world have already received the life-saving Covid-19 vaccine, the first round of jabs has yet to commence in South Africa. Last week, however, Health Minister Dr Zweli Mkhize presented the government’s roll-out strategy and confirmed that the country will be receiving 1,000,000 doses in January, followed by 500,000 doses in February, from the Serum Institute of India (SII).

What does South Africa have to say?

Despite being in the midst of Covid-19’s second wave, with the number of reported local cases and deaths ballooning daily, a staggering 52% of South Africans would not even take the vaccine if it were available to them.

This is according to the latest data from leading fintech company, CompariSure, who have been surveying South Africans from all walks of life on their thoughts around the latest Covid-19 developments.

“From our most recent survey, we saw that just over 50% of respondents answered “No” to a direct question on whether they were willing to get the vaccine when it became available,” says Matt Kloos, CFO of CompariSure.

Perhaps sentiment will shift as vaccine rollouts continue around the world, especially if certain inoculated countries are able to eradicate the pandemic, but for now South Africans remain very sceptical.

Making it sounds as if 100% was covered and thereof 52% says no :rolleyes:

Hellhound105

Executive Member
People say 0+ blood group is immune to covid. So i'm sorted.

If all else fails, i'll cook some beetroot and take a shower.

18 years alive, 12 living dead. I still don't know my blood type.
Nooit geld gehad om te gaan vir so iets nie.

surface

Honorary Master
I never took flu shot ever before (just to see if body copes up without it) but I am pretty sure I will take covid vaccine. That is gonna be a while though.

yebocan

Honorary Master
Yeah that validated your statement

....let me put it his way .... consent = giving your free will away....free will, is your power not to be pulled into anything... the mechanisms of free will relinquishing might not be direct, but it purpose is to disempower without you not even knowing, you giving your power(divine right/s) away.