52% of South Africans don’t want Covid vaccine, despite SA securing initial batch

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
I've not changed my stance on forcing people to take it ... if they don't want to, fine. But, there have to be certain restrictions for those kinda nutters. Travel, sporting events, concerts, etc etc. They can grocery shop and other necessity stuff but anything else, restricted.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Lol. Aren't you a special kind.

I come from a place that values science over batschittery conspiracies.

What about you?

Not too sure you've noticed, as you seem to be the village idiot, but pre-existing conditions, like being a fat fsck, WILL exempt you from being covered under certain medical aids.

Idiots like you want the world to go back to normal; I assume everyone does, but refuses to take the necessary steps to make it so.
You started with the idiotic idea, i just followed.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
I've not changed my stance on forcing people to take it ... if they don't want to, fine. But, there have to be certain restrictions for those kinda nutters. Travel, sporting events, concerts, etc etc. They can grocery shop and other necessity stuff but anything else, restricted.
Why do you take the vaccine in the first place ? For what reason ?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Was your SS tattoo painful to get?

Brontosaurus

You started with the idiotic idea, i just followed.

That medical aids should be able to reserve the right to not pay for your Covid treatment if you refuse a vaccine they're willing to pay for?

No one should be forced to get the vaccine; this I agree with.

Facing the consequences of your poor choice to not get this vaccine, this is also something I agree with, and quite actively condone.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Imagine being likened to a nazi because you want to protect yourself and those around you from getting a potentially lethal virus...
Did you read what it posted? Curtailing people's rights is not simply "wanting to protect yourself".

Brontosaurus

Why do you take the vaccine in the first place ? For what reason ?

You sound like you'd struggle to pour water out of a boot with the instructions written on the bottom.

I'd take the vaccine to protect myself and those around me from getting a potentially lethal virus; I really thought that was quite obvious.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
You sound like you'd struggle to pour water out of a boot with the instructions written on the bottom.

I'd take the vaccine to protect myself and those around me from getting a potentially lethal virus; I really thought that was quite obvious.
So why the flying fck would you then be scared of someone who didn't take it ?

Brontosaurus

Did you read what it posted? Curtailing people's rights is not simply "wanting to protect yourself".

International travel restrictions were a thing before Covid; many countries require you to produce a valid yellow fever certificate. Is this "curtailing peoples rights"?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
International travel restrictions were a thing before Covid; many countries require you to produce a valid yellow fever certificate. Is this "curtailing peoples rights"?
The person who posted mentioned needing a pass for everything other than grocery shopping for essentials. Read the damn post.

Don't pretend it was some innocuous little thing akin to the yellow fever stamp which is required for select places, and not even a complete overarching requirement for all travel.

Brontosaurus

So why the flying fck would you then be scared of someone who didn't take it ?

Holy strawman batman!

Nowhere did I mention I was scared if someone else didn't take it.

I do have a problem with people taking an easily preventable option that costs medical aids thousands.

surface

Honorary Master

surface

Honorary Master
I don't agree to forcing it but there needs to be restrictions and there will be. At least for next 1 year.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Holy strawman batman!

Nowhere did I mention I was scared if someone else didn't take it.

I do have a problem with people taking an easily preventable option that costs medical aids thousands.
And what if i'm immune to Covid ?

Brontosaurus

And what if i'm immune to Covid ?

No one is immune to Covid.

Until there is compelling evidence to suggest that you cannot be reinfected, I'll take the "immunity" claims with a serious pinch of salt.

Just recently, and I mean as of yesterday, I have a family friend who has just tested positive for Covid, again. He's showing symptoms, again.

I get this is anecdotal and cannot be applied everywhere, but if you're claiming immunity, you need to provide proof.