52% of South Africans don’t want Covid vaccine, despite SA securing initial batch

ForceFate

Honorary Master
It might be. I didn't read the article in the OP but what I saw on the news was that they procured 1 million doses and the medical staff were complaining that there is a medical complement of 1.25 million in SA.
It's medical staff first. Prisoners will follow at some point down the line.

rambo919

Honorary Master
It's medical staff first. Prisoners will follow at some point down the line.
I do wonder if that's how the medical system finally collapses..... they mass vaccinate the entire countries medical staff who already have compromized immune systems due to a year of overwork and systematic fear and the vaccine turns out to be toxic enough to kill or make a third to half of them unfit for duty..... that's all it will take really.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I do wonder if that's how the medical system finally collapses..... they mass vaccinate the entire countries medical staff who already have compromized immune systems due to a year of overwork and systematic fear and the vaccine turns out to be toxic enough to kill or make a third to half of them unfit for duty..... that's all it will take really.
See post #345. I guess one decision can never satisfy everyone.

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
Either way, seems there's procedural issues with the way this vaccine was tested and pout to market.

Perhaps, although the vaccine being 90% effective instead of 95% effective due to procedural issues doesn't negate taking it in the first place.

I understand the skepticism from people however, its a vaccine that's been rushed to market relatively speaking. We just need to be careful we don't all fall for anti vaccine carp (not saying you), but have noted a few others in this thread doing so.

Quicks

Expert Member
I wonder if the vaccines kills 1% of the participants. Would that be acceptable losses?

spiff

Executive Member
has all the Pfizer top staff, CEO's & share holders had their vaccine yet? :rolleyes::unsure:

Quicks

Expert Member
Given its a higher death rate than the virus itself, why would it be acceptable?
Just like others have pointed out that it might not have been tested enough to know what side effects and how many people would actually die because of the vaccines.

The point is the death rate is low like you said it yourself, why bother with a vaccine if it would cause death or other side effects in anyway.

spiff

Executive Member
No idea but top staff & CEO are not likely to be 80+ with existing conditions.
age has nothing to do with existing conditions. existing conditions effect all ages.

check this

Adults of any age with the following conditions are at increased risk of severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19:

COVID-19 is a new disease. Currently there are limited data and information about the impact of many underlying medical conditions on the risk for severe illness from COVID-19. Based on what we know at this time, adults of any age with the following conditions might be at an increased risk for severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19:

surface

Honorary Master
age has nothing to do with existing conditions. existing conditions effect all ages.
Mine was not a expert comment at all, should have cleared that one but I would think that age 80+ would have more issues than in age group of 50, considering all things equal but I really have no idea.

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
Just like others have pointed out that it might not have been tested enough to know what side effects and how many people would actually die because of the vaccines.

The point is the death rate is low like you said it yourself, why bother with a vaccine if it would cause death or other side effects in anyway.

I didn't say the death rate is low and your hypothetical is meaningless.

neoprema

Expert Member
Rubbish.

Firstly, a vaccine is a prophylactic, medication is for symptomatic treatment once you are sick. You could potentially take invermectin every day for "just in case" but its definitely not scalable nor viable globally for prophylaxis.

Secondly, the virus was genetically modified - that's part of what made it a vaccine.

Thirdly, HEK-293 cells were taken from aborted fetuses obtained legally over 40 years ago and infected with adenovirus, and have been cloned since for use in a wide variety of vaccines and medical research including many other vaccines.
As quoted from the Nebraska Medical Center:
"But it's important to have the full context: Fetal cell lines are not the same as fetal tissue. Fetal cell lines are cells that grow in a laboratory. They descend from cells taken from elective abortions in the 1970s and 1980s. Those individual cells from the 1970s and 1980s have since multiplied into many new cells over the past four or five decades, creating fetal cell lines. Current fetal cell lines are thousands of generations removed from the original fetal tissue.
Vaccine makers may use these fetal cell lines in any of the following three stages of vaccine development:

• Development: Identifying what works
  • Confirmation: Making sure it works
  • Production: Manufacturing the formula that works"
That tweet and related image above are just sensationalism and nonsense.

Ragnarök

Rubbish.

Firstly, a vaccine is a prophylactic, medication is for symptomatic treatment once you are sick. You could potentially take invermectin every day for "just in case" but its definitely not scalable nor viable globally for prophylaxis.

Secondly, the virus was genetically modified - that's part of what made it a vaccine.

Thirdly, HEK-293 cells were taken from aborted fetuses obtained legally over 40 years ago and infected with adenovirus, and have been cloned since for use in a wide variety of vaccines and medical research including many other vaccines.
As quoted from the Nebraska Medical Center:
"But it's important to have the full context: Fetal cell lines are not the same as fetal tissue. Fetal cell lines are cells that grow in a laboratory. They descend from cells taken from elective abortions in the 1970s and 1980s. Those individual cells from the 1970s and 1980s have since multiplied into many new cells over the past four or five decades, creating fetal cell lines. Current fetal cell lines are thousands of generations removed from the original fetal tissue.
Vaccine makers may use these fetal cell lines in any of the following three stages of vaccine development:

• Development: Identifying what works
  • Confirmation: Making sure it works
  • Production: Manufacturing the formula that works"
That tweet and related image above are just sensationalism and nonsense.
Can someone who got the vaccine please scan and post the insert