52% of South Africans don’t want Covid vaccine, despite SA securing initial batch

yebocan

Honorary Master
What are you smoking ? Or did someone bliksemed you with an English textbook ?
I just died...or least the construct of what I thought I was,...when ego/ the egoic minds dies, you liberate all the energy it requires to sustain it....and the natural balance of mind, body, soul returns...you see the world, for what it truly is...and you rediscover who you truly are....we are not these pitiful constructs, living in this collectively created madness/reality ... the wizards of oz, standing behind the curtain want all asleep...

rambo919

Honorary Master
Judging by opinions voiced in one of my whatsapp groups, I think the number is almost entirely consumers of conspiracy theories around covid-19
People are also scared of this just being the next chapter in decades of africa being the beta testbed for bad vaccines.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
I just died...or least the construct of what I thought I was,...when ego/ the egoic minds dies, you liberate all the energy it requires to sustain it....and the natural balance of mind, body, soul returns...you see the world, for what it truly is...and you rediscover who you truly are....we are not these pitiful constructs, living in this collectively created madness/reality ... the wizards of oz, standing behind the curtain want all asleep...
Goeie etter. If this is what happens when you grow an afro i'm shaving my head.

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
Conspiracy twist, the poor don't want a vaccine as that would mean a reduction of social grant benefits, when the virus is eradicated and there is no further reason to sustain unemployment benefits.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
nee man, jy besef die wereld is nie te sleg nie, verstaan die ware reels van die plek... verbeter jouself, om almal te help...en speel met materie ... die lewe wil geleef word...
Jy het 'n duidelike U draai gemaak. Baie mooi.

surface

Honorary Master
Bra, I told you not to watch this more than once. It was just for once, my goodness me.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Gimme the vaccine. I don't care if I get Bell's Palsy, I'm hideous already.

Researchers behind the Covid-19 vaccine are working around this problem by using a chimpanzee virus that few humans have antibodies to. Previous trials have shown that their vaccine triggers an immune response to Covid-19.

The deadly virus in Planet of the Apes is a fictional flu inspired by real-world pandemics​

By the third film in the blockbuster Planet of the Apes series, it seems like the franchise should have wrung every last narrative drop from the virus that drove humans to near extinction and boosted apes’ brainpower. But in War of the Planet of the Apes, the simian flu flares up again, mutating to quietly spread through the last surviving people. Immunity against the original plague is no protection against the latest form of the virus, which causes a degenerative disease that leaves humans mute and animalistic.

:unsure: :whistling: :X3:

PS: The Verge article is dated 2017 and isn't related to the current real-world pandemic.

RVQ

Expert Member
In my opinion this is great news considering that SA has only managed to secure a limited amount for 2021/2. The people that are at risk and want it will have a better chance to take it, once that small number of people are covered government can stop reporting stats, performing testing, have hospitals focus on other care that has been put on the back burner, setup a queue in the parking lot across the street for COVID patients that opted out of the vaccine and ramp the economic engine to full speed...