52% of South Africans don’t want Covid vaccine, despite SA securing initial batch

LCBXX

Honorary Master
So SA only need ~20mil vaccines, that's cool.
What is it about the ANCs vaccine strategy that you don't understand?

It's not about how many citizens need it, desperately or otherwise. The ANC needs 1mil vaccines for themselves, their family and friends, procured at inflated cost so that the kickbacks can flow.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Where the fvck do the anc get their facts.

I was never asked.
This is according to the latest data from leading fintech company, CompariSure, who have been surveying South Africans from all walks of life on their thoughts around the latest Covid-19 developments.

“From our most recent survey, we saw that just over 50% of respondents answered “No” to a direct question on whether they were willing to get the vaccine when it became available,” says Matt Kloos, CFO of CompariSure.

But I can ask Ace to call you if you insist on being part of the survey by the great liberation movement.

rambo919

Honorary Master
I for one think this is a good thing, the ANC thinks it can just scold the masses into compliance..... the masses disagreeing on vaccines if that happens will be a massive vote of no confidence..... for once they will be forced to vote for something and take responsibility for the result.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I for one think this is a good thing, the ANC thinks it can just scold the masses into compliance..... the masses disagreeing on vaccines if that happens will be a massive vote of no confidence..... for once they will be forced to vote for something and take responsibility for the result.
I am just curious to know if the masses who don't want to be scolded into compliance are the same masses who were grumbling about prisoners being vaccinated before them.

Looks like South Africans don't know what they want.

Reactions: STS

rambo919

Honorary Master
I am just curious to know if the same masses who don't want to be scolded into compliance are the the same masses who were grumbling about prisoners being vaccinated before them.

Looks like South Africans don't know what they want.
You do not get to 52% without at least a third of them.......

neoprema

Expert Member
I’d be weary of the phizer and moderna for this reason along with wondering about efficacy when I know how few ULT cold chains are available in the country and the big drama in developed countries trying to meet these.. the Oxford and J&J I’d happily get ASAP.
Is that no the reason we aren't looking at pfizer and moderna? or did Govt say they will buy?
I heard we weren't looking at them, but that Pfizer said they might be able to "adjust" the vaccine to be stored at higher temps.

nightjar

Executive Member
Yes, I am not convinced the ANC is telling the full truth.
Everything that the ANC touched has turned rotten and the public can be excused for being suspicious when they look back at how the Health Dept handled the Mbeki AIDS cull, Life Esidimeni and countless hospital deaths due to a host of supply and competency shortcomings; quite apart from the massive corruption around this virus where products were bought but never supplied.

All of the decision-making comrades in the supply chain are capable arranging for a cheap substitute instead of vaccine and we know that China has previously supplied dog food and baby formula with lethal additives.

Last edited:

surface

Honorary Master
Didnt Indian Serum institute confirm it as well? I suppose we will find out for sure in a few weeks time.
They did but do you really think rottenapple finds Guptas trustworthy ? They all look same to me.

Seriously, they did.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
My sister in law and mother in law forms part of this 52% - "cause they don't know what's in it" - whilst slowly sipping a glass of coke and eating a pie of questionable origin.

Like, if you've had a boerewors roll at any bazaar, I'm pretty sure you don't need to worry about what's in the vaccine.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
They did but do you really think rottenapple finds Guptas trustworthy ? They all look same to me.

Seriously, they did.

Maybe you should read that article.

South Africa's health ministry said on Thursday that the country would get 1.5 million vaccines from the Serum Institute of India (SII), with a million coming in January and the remainder the following month.

Where is their confirmation?

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
John has confirmed it.

JOHN STEENHUISEN: ANC has dropped the vaccine ball — we will all have to pick it up

If there are indeed confirmed orders for 20-million doses, as the president said on Monday, then show us the details. If there is indeed an AU programme for a continentwide pool of 1.5-billion vaccines, which no-one had heard of until Monday, then show us the details. And if the government has indeed been negotiating with vaccine manufacturers for six months and not just woken up the other day, then show us the proof.

The only good news so far is the acquisition of 1.5-million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine through the Serum Institute of India — enough to cover less than two-thirds of our health-care workers. We can welcome this and still hold a spotlight on the massive failings of our government to secure vaccines for the other 59-million South Africans.

WorldWarII

Expert Member
so... I watched this :

...change DNA.. You think is true? I fact checked nothing.

but so... zombies. its a thing now.

rambo919

Honorary Master
so... I watched this :

...change DNA.. You think is true? I fact checked nothing.

but so... zombies. its a thing now.
"change DNA" is a very large category of things.

Technically anything that uses RNA to alter anything changes DNA. A Vaccine that works by using RNA to alter DNA..... is by definition genetic engineering no matter what it does.