52% of South Africans don’t want Covid vaccine, despite SA securing initial batch

Neuk_

Expert Member
RNA, including mRNA, is not the same as DNA and cannot bind with your DNA to alter your genetics. There is a cellular structure in your cells called a Ribosome, which moves down the mRNA strand and "interprets the mRNA into a protein. All it does is string together amino acids using the sequence dictated by the mRNA.

As far as I am concerned, if you don't want to take the vaccine its because you are an idiot. That's fine though.. it increases my chances of getting the shot sooner. That being said I think the vaccine should be mandatory for anyone who doesn't have a medical justification. I am hoping there are lots of countries that won't allow people to travel there unless they have been vaccinated.

Thanks, I have much more research to do but have little issues taking the vaccine, I am going for an antibody test next Monday which I am hoping will show that I have previously been infected by the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

Flywheel

Honorary Master
RNA, including mRNA, is not the same as DNA and cannot bind with your DNA to alter your genetics. There is a cellular structure in your cells called a Ribosome, which moves down the mRNA strand and "interprets the mRNA into a protein. All it does is string together amino acids using the sequence dictated by the mRNA.

As far as I am concerned, if you don't want to take the vaccine its because you are an idiot. That's fine though.. it increases my chances of getting the shot sooner. That being said I think the vaccine should be mandatory for anyone who doesn't have a medical justification. I am hoping there are lots of countries that won't allow people to travel there unless they have been vaccinated.

You make me laugh with your views on mandatory vaccination....reminds me of the nazi internment camps.
Why would you want to force something on a person?

Freddl

Yeah Ill take a back seat for now.

Give me mRNA-v2
There is very little chance that our government will get the newest vaccines. You will most probably be given an old school vaccine from China or Russia and as one scientist said about that: "You can probably drive from Wuhan to Beijing in a well-maintained Model T Ford, but you will do much better doing the trip in a Tesla."

Last edited:

Natas

Expert Member
You make me laugh with your views on mandatory vaccination....reminds me of the nazi internment camps.
Why would you want to force something on a person?
Lots of things are forced on people. Many of our rights are restricted. Our constitution allows for it and rights can be restricted as long as they are done in the least offensive way, impact on the person's rights as little as possible and are justified in the context. Not sure how you get to nazi-internment camps. I am not advocating for throwing people in a concentration camp. I am saying we should give them an injection.

The last time there were forced vaccinations was in the context of small pox. The only reason we have the luxury of this debate is that covid is perceived to be not that big of deal and maybe it isn't but that besides the point. I would like to see how many people would be vaccine hesitant if we were dealing with something like ebola. I guarantee you there would be mandatory vaccinations in that context.

Everyone is being forced to wear a mask in order to prevent the spread of covid. You cannot be outside your house after 21h00. These are things that are being "forced" upon us. I am not sure how requiring people to be vaccinated is any more prejudicial on their rights than that. Other than this I am at a loss for words to describe how stupid it is to not take the vaccine. It's like arguing with a flat earther. I don't know how to do it.

rambo919

Honorary Master

So basically mRNA is a template for altering RNA which is the template used by Ribosome to modify DNA back to factory defaults?

Vanessa13

Lots of things are forced on people. Many of our rights are restricted. Our constitution allows for it and rights can be restricted as long as they are done in the least offensive way, impact on the person's rights as little as possible and are justified in the context. Not sure how you get to nazi-internment camps. I am not advocating for throwing people in a concentration camp. I am saying we should give them an injection.

The last time there were forced vaccinations was in the context of small pox. The only reason we have the luxury of this debate is that covid is perceived to be not that big of deal and maybe it isn't but that besides the point. I would like to see how many people would be vaccine hesitant if we were dealing with something like ebola. I guarantee you there would be mandatory vaccinations in that context.

Everyone is being forced to wear a mask in order to prevent the spread of covid. You cannot be outside your house after 21h00. These are things that are being "forced" upon us. I am not sure how requiring people to be vaccinated is any more prejudicial on their rights than that. Other than this I am at a loss for words to describe how stupid it is to not take the vaccine. It's like arguing with a flat earther. I don't know how to do it.
Being forced to stay at home and being forced to have something injected into your body are two entirely different things and can hardly be compared IMHO.

Natas

Expert Member
Being forced to stay at home and being forced to have something injected into your body are two entirely different things and can hardly be compared IMHO.
Not forcing anyone to have "something" injected into their arm. It an injection of a vaccine. It is medicine that will help prevent the spread of a disease. Or does the injection concern you. Would you feel differently in respect of an orally administered vaccine? Oral vaccine are on the way if that is the case. (Stand by for covid vaccines in chemtrails conspiracy theories) But perhaps they cannot be compared but what can compared are the two prejudices that need to be considered in the context of their costs and benefits. If everyone refused to take the vaccine then what? What does taking a vaccine cost anyone if it is safe and the government or your medical pays for it?

It's also easy for people like us (or at least me) to say that staying at home is not as bad as having an injection. I have a professional job where I can work from anywhere. What about people who have to leave their homes to earn money? Now they can't, or their hours/revenues are limited, because of Covid, a situation that would be prolonged by insufficient levels of vaccination?

Grant

Honorary Master
Have you, your siblings or children not been vaccinated for measles, polio, hepatitis b, tetenus...?

diesel

Expert Member
I would be very suspicious had they gone with Pfizer, I would be asking myself what dodgy deals did they sign with America.
Obviously you must be Indian, I bet you think your gupta friends are innocent victims of a conspiracy too?.

Anyways each to their own opinion , personally i have found everything i imported from in america to be high quality and everything from India to be poor quality.

surface

Honorary Master
Obviously you must be Indian, I bet you think your gupta friends are innocent victims of a conspiracy too?.

Anyways each to their own opinion , personally i have found everything i imported from in america to be high quality and everything from India to be poor quality.
@TheChamp is mexican. How is that relevant though ?

surface

Honorary Master
Its relevant because if you trust India more than you trust the US your either Indian or deluded.
I see. Which Covid vaccine is manufactured in USA though ? The one done by Turkey origin (probably Muslim ) scientists in Germany ?

diesel

Expert Member
I see. Which Covid vaccine is manufactured in USA though ? The one done by Turkey origin (probably Muslim ) scientists in Germany ?
Not actually sure tbh , i was under the impression pfizer was developed in the UK , The champ brought the US into this.