52% of South Africans don’t want Covid vaccine, despite SA securing initial batch

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Obviously you must be Indian, I bet you think your gupta friends are innocent victims of a conspiracy too?.

Anyways each to their own opinion , personally i have found everything i imported from in america to be high quality and everything from India to be poor quality.
So I am not allowed to be suspicious of the Pfizer vaccine as you are with the Indian vaccine?

Stonemason

So I am not allowed to be suspicious of the Pfizer vaccine as you are with the Indian vaccine?
For what it is worth: I was once in a clean room in India dressed in little hat, mask, plastic gown and paper booties... and a rat came running out of the corner right across my little paper booties. I have never used any medicines made in India since.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
They should do the same as in the US let Cyril and other parliament members get the vaccine on live TV that might put people more at ease
I think that's exactly what we are going to see, making a good example is Cyril's style, that's why he made himself a buffoon with that mask, he was just trying to be a good example.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
For what it is worth: I was once in a clean room in India dressed in little hat, mask, plastic gown and paper booties... and a rat came running out of the corner right across my little paper booties. I have never used any medicines made in India since.
Oh dear! :oops:
But I still want the Indian vaccine.

JustAsk

Expert Member
They should do the same as in the US let Cyril and other parliament members get the vaccine on live TV that might put people more at ease
As if eating GMO foods on tv will convince me...

Only idiots will believe a live tv stunt of sugar water injections. And since you have such faith in events on live tv, here's one...
Nurse collapsed on live tv after receiving jab. Hows that for putting "people more at ease"

Last edited:

Grant

Honorary Master
Obviously you must be Indian, I bet you think your gupta friends are innocent victims of a conspiracy too?.

Anyways each to their own opinion , personally i have found everything i imported from in america to be high quality and everything from India to be poor quality.
Selvie pillay has some chernobyl firehouse vindaloo for you to try

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Personally, I don't give two hoots for the vaccine, I don't care whether I receive it or not, it makes no difference to me.

But I have a quick recent anecdote, courtesy of my EU colleagues. Apparently in Poland the hedonistic bourgeoisie (in SA terms think connected ANC cadres who own multiple estates / multiple imported luxury vehicles) went ahead and secretly acquired the vaccine for themselves and connected family members. Outrage followed when a whistleblower made it public knowledge. One of the interesting side effects was that today they have an almost 100% acceptance rate for the vaccine.

Human behaviour/ nature is truly very strange. Give the masses something for free, make it mandatory, and they get all suspicious. Make it available exclusively for the wealthy, and everyone will want it.

I strongly suspect that the ANC understands this side of human nature, and that theirs is a deliberate strategy to stall vaccination. Making it free for everyone, especially prisoners first, reduces the perceived value of the vaccine to the degree that many will not actively want it. This plays into their strategy: maybe they want to stall because of incompetence; maybe because they want to enrich themselves, maybe both. 48% acceptance? Whatever their destination may be, their strategy is working for them.

s0lar

Expert Member
Personally, I don't give two hoots for the vaccine, I don't care whether I receive it or not, it makes no difference to me.

But I have a quick recent anecdote, courtesy of my EU colleagues. Apparently in Poland the hedonistic bourgeoisie (in SA terms think connected ANC cadres who own multiple estates / multiple imported luxury vehicles) went ahead and secretly acquired the vaccine for themselves and connected family members. Outrage followed when a whistleblower made it public knowledge. One of the interesting side effects was that today they have an almost 100% acceptance rate for the vaccine.

Human behaviour/ nature is truly very strange. Give the masses something for free, make it mandatory, and they get all suspicious. Make it available exclusively for the wealthy, and everyone will want it.

I strongly suspect that the ANC understands this side of human nature, and that theirs is a deliberate strategy to stall vaccination. Making it free for everyone, especially prisoners first, reduces the perceived value of the vaccine to the degree that many will not actively want it. This plays into their strategy: maybe they want to stall because of incompetence; maybe because they want to enrich themselves, maybe both. 48% acceptance? Whatever their destination may be, their strategy is working for them.
I have admittedly used this kind of psychology on my two year old to get them to eat vegetables. Nothing new, any adult with a reasonable IQ would see through this.

RonSwanson

Executive Member
I have admittedly used this kind of psychology on my two year old to get them to eat vegetables. Nothing new, any adult with a reasonable IQ would see through this.
It depends how it is packaged, of course. And the intellect of the recipient :cool: