52% of South Africans don’t want Covid vaccine, despite SA securing initial batch

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Obviously you must be Indian, I bet you think your gupta friends are innocent victims of a conspiracy too?.

Anyways each to their own opinion , personally i have found everything i imported from in america to be high quality and everything from India to be poor quality.
Heh?

Vanessa13

Not forcing anyone to have "something" injected into their arm. It an injection of a vaccine. It is medicine that will help prevent the spread of a disease. Or does the injection concern you. Would you feel differently in respect of an orally administered vaccine? Oral vaccine are on the way if that is the case. (Stand by for covid vaccines in chemtrails conspiracy theories) But perhaps they cannot be compared but what can compared are the two prejudices that need to be considered in the context of their costs and benefits. If everyone refused to take the vaccine then what? What does taking a vaccine cost anyone if it is safe and the government or your medical pays for it?

It's also easy for people like us (or at least me) to say that staying at home is not as bad as having an injection. I have a professional job where I can work from anywhere. What about people who have to leave their homes to earn money? Now they can't, or their hours/revenues are limited, because of Covid, a situation that would be prolonged by insufficient levels of vaccination?
People who have to 'go out there' have the choice to be a vaccine guinea pig, and those of us who do not wish to be guinea pigs should equally have the choice to not be. And in any case - since vaccines 'will protect you', what do you care if the next person is 'also protected', as long as you are?

Vanessa13

Have you, your siblings or children not been vaccinated for measles, polio, hepatitis b, tetenus...?
Vaccines 40 years ago can hardly be compared to ANY vaccine today - especially not an experimental one that has not been properly tested (like the Covid ones).

LetsDance

I would take the vaccine. Soon, everyone is going to be have to take it or be banned from travel etc.

Freddl

Vaccines 40 years ago can hardly be compared to ANY vaccine today - especially not an experimental one that has not been properly tested (like the Covid ones).
Did you read it on Facebook that it has not been properly tested? You should not believe everything you read on the internet and especially not what you read on Facebook.

Except for the Chinese and Russian 'vaccines', all the other mainstream vaccines have been properly tested, and the testing data was opened for peer review.

profa

Honorary Master
Did you read it on Facebook that it has not been properly tested? You should not believe everything you read on the internet and especially not what you read on Facebook.

Except for the Chinese and Russian 'vaccines', all the other mainstream vaccines have been properly tested, and the testing data was opened for peer review.
So how come all other medicines take years to get to market, yet this one only took 9 months? Why havent all life saving medicines taken months instead of years to get to market?

Reactions: vdM

Freddl

So how come all other medicines take years to get to market, yet this one only took 9 months? Why havent all life saving medicines taken months instead of years to get to market?
Because governments channeled billions of dollars to the pharmaceutical companies in the form of subsidies, grants and deposits which allowed those companies to fast-track development.

Also, I am sure you have heard something about advances in technology over the past years. I mean in 1960 when the last major vaccines were developed, people used slide-rules and pen and paper to determine the make-up of a virus. Later they collected the testing data on pieces of paper after researchers phoned it in. Scientist then took years to analyse that data by hand.

This time around we have computers and data collection analysis is a 100 000 times faster that in 1960. In 1960 it took three or four years to map the components of the virus, this time around it was done within a few weeks.

We live in 2021 now, or have you not noticed?

Brontosaurus

I hope medical aids put a clause in place that if you've refused the vaccine, they won't cover any costs involved if you get Covid, as well as travel bans for vaccine refusal, much like the yellow fever one.

surface

Honorary Master
I would take the vaccine. Soon, everyone is going to be have to take it or be banned from travel etc.
Same here although I haven't heard of travel ban. Wouldn't there be a need to carry something like yellow fever card for international travel? I haven't heard of covid card yet although I suppose same card can be used with additional stamps.

surface

Honorary Master
I hope medical aids put a clause in place that if you've refused the vaccine, they won't cover any costs involved if you get Covid, as well as travel bans for vaccine refusal, much like the yellow fever one.
I am pretty sure bold part will happen. Travel ban - I am not too sure unless they make use of existing yellow fever card for covid stamps. Or maybe one can carry some kind of certificate but then can one imagine diversity of certificates?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
You can bet they are going to do something about it, spending money is not something they are fond of.

Last edited:

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
52% dont want the vax.
60% plus have voted ANC in every election and then they complain that things are getting worse, but vote ANC again ................. unfortunately no vax for stupid :(

1610703794541.png

HunterNW

Honorary Master
And if you get a heartattack from being a fat fck they also won't pay for your hospital fees or surgery.
WHere the fck do you come from ? Retard school or the sewage factory ?

The_Hobbit

Honorary Master
Well lucky for them 52% won't be getting it for another year. They have time to think.

Neuk_

Expert Member

How is the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine experimental? And why do you say it has not been properly tested?

surface

Honorary Master
You can bet they are going to do something about it, spending money is not something they are fond off.
discovery pays about 25 million per month for their new shiny rental space in sandton. I can only speculate that rent gets transferred from brothers Peter to Paul. How will they pay for such shiny stuff otherwise ?

Brontosaurus

And if you get a heartattack from being a fat fck they also won't pay for your hospital fees or surgery.
WHere the fck do you come from ? Retard school or the sewage factory ?

Lol. Aren't you a special kind.

I come from a place that values science over batschittery conspiracies.

What about you?

Not too sure you've noticed, as you seem to be the village idiot, but pre-existing conditions, like being a fat fsck, WILL exempt you from being covered under certain medical aids.

Idiots like you want the world to go back to normal; I assume everyone does, but refuses to take the necessary steps to make it so.