5800 Tube - New Firmware v31

Budza

Executive Member
Mine is still checking for updates- using wireless @ work.

If this fails, will try the NSU

UPdate: Receiving data from Nokia... let's see what it is :)

Nope. Nada. Nothing available yet for NSU either :(

Let us know when it's available.

Last edited:

Grubscrew

Expert Member
Ok My phone has firmware 21.0.05 something and the nokia update says it is the latest update available for the phone (5800) :confused:

Astound

How do I fix it since I received the phone on a MTN contact.

Strange, mine is also from MTN but I was able to update immediately.

It was the very first thing I did on receiving the 5800, charged the Battery and then did the OTA update.

Settings > Phone > Phone Management > Device Updates > Options > Check for updates and voila, it started the download, this while connected to my Wireless ADSL router :D

Caveat emptor, always do a Backup before making any major changes.

Mine was brand new at the time so nothing to backup then, but this would apply now with all my contacts etc loaded :erm:

Still not available OTA atm :rolleyes:

MyDummyName

Thanks Budza, will try every 30 minutes :D

Ok checked yesterday and updated from v30 to v31 in only a few minutes. Got ovi maps now. (prefer the old maps) but the phone is bit faster and more responsive. I got mine from autopage a while ago but its vodacom unbranded.

remybfg10k

Expert Member
Ok checked yesterday and updated from v30 to v31 in only a few minutes. Got ovi maps now. (prefer the old maps) but the phone is bit faster and more responsive. I got mine from autopage a while ago but its vodacom unbranded.

OTA or NSU?

garyb01

Tip for obtaining product codes

As those of us who have changed the product codes on our 5800's using JAF etc know, one of the main problems is obtaining the correct product codes to obtain the latest updates. Google "Navifirm" and download it, runs quite nicely and gives the latest firmware versions and product codes for every Nokia phone. I would post a download link but I don't have one, had to join a forum to obtain it directly. Sure that a bit of googling will find a download link, and then you'll never have to look for a product code again!

To quote the developer:

"NAVIFIRM is the ultimate all-purpose tool for downloading Nokia firmware images, obtaining lists of product codes, and finding the right product code for your phone. NAVIFIRM downloads all this straight from Nokia's servers so you don't have to wait for people to post data packages and lists of product codes.

NAVIFIRM is useful for just about anyone:

End users: Find product codes to use with NSS/NSU
Journalists: Be the first to know when new firmware hits NSU
Developers: Download ROM images for extracting files
Care Suite/Phoenix/box users: Download ROM images to flash

Additional NSU servers can be added by editing Main.cs in the source code."

Used it about an hour ago again, found the product code for which the latest firmware version for the 5800 had been released (31......), changed the code (0552438) (Red, British Isles) and presto, new firmware available via NSU.....:)

Hope this helps

Budza

Executive Member

Gonna try via WLAN again then :)

EDIT: Well, as of 11.52am, there is no update available. MTN phone, stock standard. Last guinea pig run. Will wait for availability confirmation before trying again :)

Keep us posted!

Last edited:

Dennis

Ok got tired of waiting and changed product code to Euro 1 updating as we speak.:D

Dennis

Ok all done V31 working well,did not even need to restore very impressive.