6-month R350 relief grant for the unemployed

Mekon

I decided to apply as I was retrenched last year and my fledgling business I started in Feb is now dead in the water. Filled out the intiial application which does not ask for a bank account details. Got a mail yesterday stating I have provisionally qualified and had a link to follow. Needed to put in my refernece number they sent me the first time to proceed. This time was confirmation of details and banking details. What I get from this will cover 1 debit order at least.

Shalin_ZN

Expert Member
I decided to apply as I was retrenched last year and my fledgling business I started in Feb is now dead in the water. Filled out the intiial application which does not ask for a bank account details. Got a mail yesterday stating I have provisionally qualified and had a link to follow. Needed to put in my refernece number they sent me the first time to proceed. This time was confirmation of details and banking details. What I get from this will cover 1 debit order at least.
What method did you use to apply: email, USSD, WhatsApp, etc?

Arandompeer

Hi guys and gals. I know all of you are asking about the R350 grant and all that good stuff. I applied through this website linked below. I didn't receive my money yet but I'm still waiting(fingers crossed). They will give you a code at the end of the application. Keep it safe. You don't want the bad people taking your money. In a few days they will send you an sms asking to confirm you banking details. Use your super secret code to complete the application. Please like, share and subscribe, so the Mybroadband algorithm shows my content. Thanks guys and gals for reading.
Link: srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/auth
(Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with SASSA, I just want to help people get free money)

Currantly

You can now check up on a R350 Sassa grant – and see if someone else has been paid

It is now possible to check on the status of your application for a special R350 Covid-19 grant – or, as long as you have an ID number and cellphone number, whether someone else has applied or been paid.

Anyone who has no other income or support from the state is eligible for the payments, which were due to start from 15 May and to run for six months.

The SA Social Security Agency (Sassa) this week simultaneously apologised for delays in getting payments out and said delays had been worth it, to make sure people who don't qualify don't receive payments.

On Friday Sassa announced the new function that allows potential recipients to check the status of their applications. It can be accessed via the web on srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/status.
Link to article

LeftRightLeft

What happens if there are two people in the household that are unemployed and not getting any other form of income? Can both of them apply for this or is it limited to one person per household?

Swa

Honorary Master
What happens if there are two people in the household that are unemployed and not getting any other form of income? Can both of them apply for this or is it limited to one person per household?
Yes both can apply.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Both can apply...

And also now they can check on each other just to see that they both got money, and one side can't keep the R350 to buy booze on Monday :p

Irfaan786

ive applied in april via email and have not gotten any response but my mom who applied mid may via website has been approved lol what kind of a system is this

thechamp

Honorary Master
Someone wake me up when a white person gets this grant, I wanna something...

Swa

Honorary Master
ive applied in april via email and have not gotten any response but my mom who applied mid may via website has been approved lol what kind of a system is this
The process was only started in May, so you couldn't have really applied in April.

Irfaan786

The process was only started in May, so you couldn't have really applied in April.
They did say applicants that applied via email in april dont need to re apply? the also said people who applied during the testing period are counted.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
If you got a reference number, it should be fine and under consideration, if not, then re-apply through another channel.