7 million jobs could be lost in South Africa – Government

TooFastTim

Expert Member
And I'm increasingly of the belief that it is working as intended.

Something is not right with all of this.

I recently found an opinion piece written by a Stellenbosch academic in which he said that the ANC are deliberately destroying the economy. If he's right, forget Venezuela or Zimbabwe scenarios you might be looking at a Cambodia and year zero scenario.

Last edited:

Mfza

Cool so people wont die from the virus but from hunger and crime! Job well done again by the ANC, keep up the good work. Bribes and increases for you ALL!!!
SA is in all conceivable ways finished. There is zero hope for the future

Mfza

I recently found an opinion piece written by a Stellenbosch academic in which he said that the ANC are deliberately destroying the economy. If he's right, forget Venezuela or Zimbabwe scenarios you might be looking at a Cambodia and year zero scenario.
I've been saying this for a while. They want to nationalise everything. I would say more like Liberia

Mfza

Lift the economic ban on whites being part of the economy ,lift all semblances of bee/aa and rather legislate efficiency (as if that were possible) , allow free trade and foster growth of all companies , this is better than bailouts and racially based policies .
This would have allowed us as a nation to progress , lets all help not lets cry about the past while blaming others , just get to the business of getting to business.
There is zero chance of this. The anc will double down on their policies and implement nationalisation

noxibox

Honorary Master
Wow! If that is the under-recovery on liquor and cigarettes, what is it on fuel? :eek:
Fuel tax is about R70 billion annually, so the loss could easily be at least R5 billion. Then there's the lost VAT and income tax. Plus company tax. All of those losses will probably extend past the end of a lockdown because unemployment will be up and companies will have downsized or gone out of business.

Technically there should be around 30 million jobs ALL around, which mean 7 million jobs losses is about 23%-24% of people will be sitting without a job soon? That would suggest if the country had un-employment of 30% it will be very close to 50% of people siting without jobs soon!!!
There are about 17 million formal jobs in South Africa as far as I know. I'd have been surprised if there were 30 million jobs out of a population of 60 million people.

Is that a UK passport? If not then that plan is highly unlikely to work.
Emigration will still be possible. Would just take slightly longer to arrange.

And I'm increasingly of the belief that it is working as intended.

Something is not right with all of this.
I'd be hesitant to consider it planned or intentional. Things are quite often explainable by stupidity and bad judgement. For one thing if it is some sort of scheme surely they've had plenty of opportunity to pull it off before.

If it is planned the plan might not be what everyone assumes it is either.

SoldierMan

Expert Member
And what was the reasoning behind why the ANC want to destroy the economy?

BBSA

Honorary Master
No worries, radical economic transformation is coming.

TooFastTim

Expert Member
Thanks, will read later.
So either a conspiracy theory is true and the ANC are deliberately tanking the country/economy, or we have the dumbest most incompetent mother****** in charge of this country. Interesting choice.
Just re-read it. No reasons given just a trail of evidence that leads you to conclude what you just did.