8ta Cut Me off at 9.56GB on 10GB bundle :mad:

vatteva

I'd like to find out from other mybb members if you have experienced similar issues:

Yesterday Last day of January concluded my first month with 8ta, im very happy with everything at the moment EXCEPT yesterday i received an sms from 8ta as follows

"Your internet access had been paused because your data bundle is almost depleted. Dial *180# to purchase a new data bundle or open your browser."

The forced gateway you are made to connect to gives you a few options. Authorize prepaid data usage and purchase another data bundle. With various payment methods credit card debit account etc etc.

BUT there seems to be no option to just continue using the rest of the data on the bundle(9560mb shown by netlimiter piggy backing on dialled connection which is highly accurate) 10240 - 9560 = 680mb so im effectively cut off with access only to the my.8ta.com gateway and made to purchase more data to use the remainder data i have.

This i find is quite unacceptable, if any of you guys could comment on this and advise if i have somehow missed something or is this a concurrent problem with the data only contracts id greatly appreciate it.

Also 8ta rep please advised and assist me regarding this problem if you don't mind. I have phoned the support lines (absolutly useless where do you find such unqualified support personal ???) and used the website 'report a problem' service but have yet to receive a call or even an email/any confirmation that my request for assistance has been noted.

Regards,
vatteva

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
What is your balance according to *188# ?

Juan91

Hi,
If it's your first month you'll be on a pro rata basis u should get your full 10gb each time the rest of the 23 months still to come

vatteva

@ginggs
yesterday the remaining balance was 682.44mb (netlimter difference im guessing overhead traffic??) remaining i phoned the tech support data guys and queried the balance, and they just told me how it was close to 10gb and i have to purchase more bandwidth which is utter rubbish. Its a new month so i again have '10gb' and the remainder bandwidth i had last month which i could not use was not carried over (understandable) so i lost out here :(

@juan brits
Yes i understand that, i meant above that this is my first FULL month with 8ta (i signed up in December), and was informed about the pro rata basis for the first month, afterwards i would be billed R199 accordingly.

Thanks for the responses thusfar :)

carstensdj

Expert Member
@Vatteva,

Besides NetLimiter (Which i assume is a 3rd party software), how much data had you used according to the actual 8ta stats? I usually send an sms from my 8ta dashboard to 188 and it tells me used and remaining balances.

Is it not possible that your modem was plugged into another machine during the month and that is where the other 600mb has gone?

Deep78

Expert Member
strange! i had mine on 9991mb used yesterday and was still going strong ...

vatteva

@carstensdj

Yes it is 3rd party software but always has been accurate in the past. I did phone the call centre and they said my remaining balance was 682.44mb as said by the support consultant. I can also confirm this using my netlimiter stats.

No one else has access to the modem so its not a possibility.

@Deep78 have you ever received such an sms when nearing the 10gb limit ?

""Your internet access had been paused because your data bundle is almost depleted. Dial *180# to purchase a new data bundle or open your browser."

GeForce

Also my first month "You have used 9249 MB of data and have 0 MB available". I can still live with that if it weren't for the fact that after the 2nd week my connection kept dropping and weren't nearly as fast as it was before. I send an email about it but got no response whatsoever.

carstensdj

Expert Member
Surprisingly i have had satisfactory service from them so far... Only been 2months though.

vatteva

It cant be just be receiving this notification from 8ta has no one else received such a message ?

microduma

Same problem, 3rd month of 8-ta

I was cut off yesterday at about 00H13 while having used only 622 megabyte of the allowed 10 000 megabyte on 8.ta Midnight Surfer :confused:

Interesting- my 8.ta reception was stronger than in a long time when it happened.

In my opinion, 8.ta Go Big/ Midnight Surfer may have been over-subscribed, and 8-ta may thus be controlling consumer consumption Eskom style- by data blackout until the next 24 hour period.

your internet access has been paused because your data bundle is almost depleted. Dial *180# to purchase a new bundle, or open your browser for more options.

Deep78

Expert Member
I was cut off yesterday at about 00H13 while having used only 622 megabyte of the allowed 10 000 megabyte on 8.ta Midnight Surfer :confused:

Interesting- my 8.ta reception was stronger than in a long time when it happened.

In my opinion, 8.ta Go Big/ Midnight Surfer may have been over-subscribed, and 8-ta may thus be controlling consumer consumption Eskom style- by data blackout until the next 24 hour period.

your internet access has been paused because your data bundle is almost depleted. Dial *180# to purchase a new bundle, or open your browser for more options.

i've never gotten that sms saying my access has been paused but i would call them up and make a stink
specially if you have the midnight surf thing and they cut u off only 600meg into it!

Jhercules

I was cut off yesterday at about 00H13 while having used only 622 megabyte of the allowed 10 000 megabyte on 8.ta Midnight Surfer

Yeah wtf? I have only used about 350mb and this morning my data bundle was depleted according to them. I am so sick of all the issues with 8ta. :mad:

latro

I can vouch for getting that sms, and was planning to make a stink about it but totally forgot.

Personally I'm running 2 smartphones on the 2+1gb special.

Have depleted several of those packages and got "paused" everytime they were almost done.

The "paused" data did carry over when I purchased another special, but I only checked once, not the other times I loaded bundles.

So I take it you will lose the "paused" data if you don't add another package before the expiry date which sucks.

And I had a total blackout of service after 12 last night, think they worked on the network our something, as I was able to connect, but no throughput.

vatteva

8ta rep where is your response regarding this ??? As this is clearly not an issolated issue... 8ta is njot providing me with my full 10240mb of data ! Im so sick of having to fight for something i pay for this is ridiculous !

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Having the same issue with just normal prepaid - I buy 100MB at time and when I get to 5MB, I get my web connection paused.
Frustrating - 1st hiccup and dislike that I've experienced thus far with 8ta.

StonerStuart

Expert Member
How do you guys monitor your data usage?

I am using a 3G router, is there a way for me to monitor mine? at times i have 3 devices connected so i cant only monitor my laptops usage.

Im pretty sure i don't use 10GB every month but i always get the portal screen.

vatteva

Netlimiter, than set the associated adapters to only be monitored or do individual counters per qdapter etc, its great piece of software :)