8ta free wifi is for real

I've spent the last two months trying to use the wifi with no luck. I finally found all the info i needed to successful connect. You must use a mobile device that can use the Eap sim authentication protocol which is what 8ta used to protect the network. The galaxy S2 has this option on the jelly bean update. I assume the same for other models running the android 4.2 versions. Most blackberry devices support this protocol.

oscarlets

I've spent the last two months trying to use the wifi with no luck. I finally found all the info i needed to successful connect. You must use a mobile device that can use the Eap sim authentication protocol which is what 8ta used to protect the network. The galaxy S2 has this option on the jelly bean update. I assume the same for other models running the android 4.2 versions. Most blackberry devices support this protocol.
So you don't need the store password? I went to one of the shop 8ta listed on their wifi coverage shops and they didn't have papssword...on the network there was telkom mobile and telkom mobile guest,thet latter unlocked and with poor signal the former locked with strong signal,

Sirius

So the Galaxy Note 1 on ICS will not work then since JB has not been released for this phone?

LicKWiD_IcE

So were you eventually able to connect with the Galaxy S2?

RichardG

Honorary Master
I haven't actually bothered to use this service every time I went to hotspot location was unable to successful logon

hitmanmig33

Good day guys

I'm only 92hours old on 8.ta and I'm assuming that the the free wifi would work on only telkom hotspots

RichardG

Honorary Master
Good day guys

I'm only 92hours old on 8.ta and I'm assuming that the the free wifi would work on only telkom hotspots
Correct if your phone is capable to doing EAP transactions :p or alternatively you can pay R1,50 to access their hotspot sir

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
I registered and got a username and passwords. 3 weeks ago I at Centurion center i saw i had TM on Wifi. Connected and entered password on the web page. Speedtest said I was getting close to 8mBps up and down. Pretty impressive. This past weekend I was at Centurion again and could not connect.

RichardG

Honorary Master
I registered and got a username and passwords. 3 weeks ago I at Centurion center i saw i had TM on Wifi. Connected and entered password on the web page. Speedtest said I was getting close to 8mBps up and down. Pretty impressive. This past weekend I was at Centurion again and could not connect.
That is the same issue I experience at some hotspots I visit.