8ta responds to Vodacom and Cell C 99c pre-paid pricing

MickeyD

RIP
“We are busy reviewing our pre-paid voice offerings but rest assured it won’t be based on the current 99c tariff,” Maharaj concluded.
Sounds promising!

lexis

"Overall value is more important"

mmm what about value for money? O yes, now I remember you are from Telkom.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Who are we to criticise? Let competition run it's course as it did with uncapped ADSL :D

b166er

“competing on value is more sustainable in the long term”.

Well if by "value", like Vodacom, they mean almost 3X the price per minute more expensive then NO...we are not really interested in value. Perhaps they mean competing on offering the latest handsets on time and at reasonable prices with awesome data bundles...Oh wait, 8ta and Vodacom don't do that as well.

I think the only value they offer is what they pay to their shareholders, by exploiting their customers.

MickeyD

RIP
“competing on value is more sustainable in the long term”.

Well if by "value", like Vodacom, they mean almost 3X the price per minute more expensive then NO...we are not really interested in value. Perhaps they mean competing on offering the latest handsets on time and at reasonable prices with awesome data bundles...Oh wait, 8ta and Vodacom don't do that as well.

I think the only value they offer is what they pay to their shareholders, by exploiting their customers.
And on the Data front? How well are MTN doing there?

siraman

Expert Member
Our customers enjoy unique benefits from our current prepaid offering of earning free minutes

I want to see "unique benefits" in my wallet,right at the till point.Thank you very much,Mr Maharaj.

Necro_guy

Screw unique benefits, what if people don't call you, you get nada free minutes, unless your a hooker....

entrepr

Expert Member
8ta says that they will not respond to Cell C and Vodacom’s prepaid price cuts, explaining that overall value is more important than price

Dear Pinky, if I prove your man wrong on this 99c issue, can I take the job?

biometrics

Honorary Master
“competing on value is more sustainable in the long term”

In the long term we're all dead.

Axis

They roam on the MTN network. They can't drop their prices.

zamicro

Expert Member
8ta is doing good in the data market, but it is because they compete on price. Thankfully I can use a different phone and 3g device, because at this rate they will not see me for their voice offering.