8ta sim 10 Gig + 10 Gig, MTN Dongle E3131, Router Tenda 3G622R+ Not connecting

edge1970

Hi Guys

Out of desperation I am now turning to you clever guys of the interwebs. As mentioned in the header my setup:
8ta sim 10 Gig + 10 Gig, MTN Dongle E3131, Router Tenda 3G622R+ connected to PC via cable - this is not connecting or dropping after a couple of seconds.

Have been talking to 8ta people from Tuesday and they now have offered to send a technician to my house during office hours................... I work during office hours in JHB live in P-town

Router/PC setup/dongle in fine because if I insert mweb/Mtn sim it works 100%.

Dongle/8ta combo works fine when connected directly to PC.

So what else can I do?

Please guys help!!!

nicbst

Well, I had a similar problem with an E367 with 8ta sim and a TP-Link 4g Wifi router. It would connect fine but after a few minutes or seconds drop the connection. Upgraded the router's firmware and it's been running for two weeks without any disconnects. Don't know if it will help you though, I only used the 8ta sim.

Good luck. :)

edge1970

Thanks for the reply although

Well, I had a similar problem with an E367 with 8ta sim and a TP-Link 4g Wifi router. It would connect fine but after a few minutes or seconds drop the connection. Upgraded the router's firmware and it's been running for two weeks without any disconnects. Don't know if it will help you though, I only used the 8ta sim.

Good luck. :)
Router is working fine MTN, but not 8ta. Working on MTN as I type.

edge1970

Update

OK Update

Hope it is not a case of don't count your chickens ..................................

Last night I contacted Tenda again with screen prints of router setup and and what firmware version installed : H2_V3.5.0e_multi_02-Nov 20 2012 which was the latest version on their site.

They send me a NEW firmware update: 3G611R_V3.5.0f_20130702 and it seems to have done the business. Install firmware and reset factory settings and do setup again.

Don't laugh but I always thought resetting the factory settings would also reset firmware to original - silly me now that I think about it.

Hope this will save someone the time and headaches I had with this.

Thanks for a great forum!

Edge