A CV and credit check before you start dating.

iDenTiTy

Expert Member
How common is it for a guy to do his own washing and ironing?

I do my own ironing, and washing... so are guys like me few and far between?

Who does their own ironing? (guys...)

:confused:

supersunbird

Honorary Master

No to the washing. I'd rather buy new clothes everyday. Bedsheets and towels I could do though.

Maybe the ironing, but only if I had a Elna Press machine...

blunomore

Honorary Master

Mr Blu does not do a lot around the house. Then again, with a few exceptions, he is not normally here during the week, so one cannot expect him to clean up a mess he didn't make :D

When he is here, though, he is very sweet - he will make the bed or make coffee or run out for some groceries. I have never asked him to do washing or ironing, though.

adelp

Expert Member
I compromised too many times and basically got walked over, trodden on, kicked in the teeth, and f@cked over, to the point where i made the conscious decision not to any more.[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling. I'll rather have just myself than an A$$!!
:D:D

CathJ

Expert Member

I'm not a guy... but I don't do ironing. Wash and dry carefully, and if it comes out crumpled, well, once a year my mom offers to do some ironing for me ;)

spiderz

Honorary Master
Kingmonty stop taking this so personally. What you describe in your situation is not the norm!!

Hands up how many +25 single men on this forum still take their washing to their mothers?!
She's to far away....but i have this lovely lady at the washery that does it for me.
Personally, it's not cost effective for me as a single person to wash my own cloths. Time = money and i'm expensive!

It seems like when you get over a certain age or get settled on your own it gets to be more and more difficult to get someone to date.
It feels like you have to ask a CV and a credit check. And I really do not need a rich boyfriend, this is not what this is about. I live comfy on my own, I will never say I do not need more but I live on my own have my own car pay my debt. Quiet content.
But eventually we all wander out into the dating pool.
Those of you that are single are you not tired of the leechers and loafers?
Some people are real good with lying and hiding their financial and physical laziness.
I Need an id nr and company reference I can phone and hear how stable your job is.

This seems so wrong but this is what is left out there?
Lol :D Boy, have you been dating the wrong guys.....

spiderz

Honorary Master
It seems like when you get over a certain age or get settled on your own it gets to be more and more difficult to get someone to date.
It feels like you have to ask a CV and a credit check. And I really do not need a rich boyfriend, this is not what this is about. I live comfy on my own, I will never say I do not need more but I live on my own have my own car pay my debt. Quiet content.
But eventually we all wander out into the dating pool.
Those of you that are single are you not tired of the leechers and loafers?
Some people are real good with lying and hiding their financial and physical laziness.
I Need an id nr and company reference I can phone and hear how stable your job is.

This seems so wrong but this is what is left out there?
The CV & Reference sound like a great idea, but they you must be willing to provide the same.
Also ask for few photos while you're at it. (a photo tells a 1000words)

It's not about money or Bank Statements. It's about finding a effiecient way of determining whether this person will be able to provide for you.
Our lifes are busy and full (work, traffic, sport, ect.) with little time to meet new people.

How many new people have you met in the last month/year?
(excluding family and work related people)

spiderz

Honorary Master
:(Sorry I’m put off men for awhile
Before i knew it i had an @$$ on my couch living off me with no intension of going anywhere....
He thought...
He saw his @$$...

:D
ooohhh, so you have a comfy couch!
LCD Tv yet? :D

CathJ

Expert Member
Lol!
She definatly did, but why do women always fall for the wrong guys?
They always overlook the "nice" guys and go for the bastards!
Probably for the same reason that guys overlook the nice girls, and go for the hot bimbos.

BT6LW

Lol!
She definatly did, but why do women always fall for the wrong guys?
They always overlook the "nice" guys and go for the bastards!
Because most nice guys are incredibly insecure / clingy / needy / total pushovers.

Really not very attractive

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Because most nice guys are incredibly insecure / clingy / needy / total pushovers.

Really not very attractive
Yeah, you get laid more often if you are an ******* :p Figured that one out already. Treat a woman like a queen, and get used, be a jerk and get laid. Its what woman want :p

spiderz

Honorary Master
Okay...another question, what would you but in a dating CV?
or what would you want to see in one?

BT6LW

Yeah, you get laid more often if you are an ******* :p Figured that one out already. Treat a woman like a queen, and get used, be a jerk and get laid. Its what woman want :p
I treat my lady like a queen and she loves me for it - however - I am confident / arrogant and full of **** (so is she)

When one is not willing to take **** from anyone (including the lady) - you become more attractive - it doesn't mean you have to treat her badly - just do not become a doormat for her to walk over...

Raithlin

Expert Member
Oy, the tension over the past 8 pages is TANGIBLE!!

@Adelp: Maybe it would help if you changed what you think you are looking for? Perhaps you are subconsciously selecting men you don't want to hang out with for some reason that only 6 sessions with a psychologist would reveal? I dunno - just trying to help. I found the love of my life while window-shopping (She was the floor assistant) - go figure!

@Debbie2- Girl, you gotta relax! Feel those endorphins kicking in! :D

@KingMonty - I've got your back. ;)

Married with 2 kids here. I share the housework - I do my own ironing a lot of the time, I cook more often than not, I help the kids with the homework, I do most of the driving/taxi (we share a car these days), and yes, we both work full time. The other half is often very tired at the end of a working day, so it's for the best if we both pitch in.

spiderz

Honorary Master
Oy, the tension over the past 8 pages is TANGIBLE!!

Married with 2 kids here. I share the housework - I do my own ironing a lot of the time, I cook more often than not, I help the kids with the homework, I do most of the driving/taxi (we share a car these days), and yes, we both work full time. The other half is often very tired at the end of a working day, so it's for the best if we both pitch in.
The more hands the less the work. Good philosophy to live by.
:D