A few questions on importing games

kds

Where are the best places to import games. I had a look at the "new game pricing has begun" thread and so far these are what I picked up:

1. www.game.co.uk
  2. www.amazon.co.uk
  3. www.shopto.net

Doobiwan used to recommend www.play-asia.com, but he did not mention it this time around. Anyone know why? :confused:

Do you guys pay customs + VAT when importing games? I understand that games carry a 5% ad valorum + 15 % VAT charge.

Is there a way to avoid customs, like ordering only one game at a time etc? ;)

Am I correct in saying that XBox has two different regions for games (PAL and NTSC) and we form part of PAL? And the PS3 has no gaming regions?

Solidus

Expert Member
this thread is a good idea right now, hope ppl with the know how can expand on this

Solidus

Expert Member
lovely stuff iwojima! Import is the only way to go right now, its by time we take a stand against being ripped off

thriel

isnt it easier to just flog off your console and buy a pc ?

you can do so much more with a pc and the hit titles are still only R399 :)

Solidus

Expert Member
pc doesn't have metal gear solid 4, LBP, gears 2, fable 2 etc. Plus we hate upgrading to play latest games.

kds

doobiwan

Executive Member
Doobiwan used to recommend www.play-asia.com, but he did not mention it this time around. Anyone know why? :confused:

Lazy fingers ;)

I've ordered a lot of stuff from PA, the only reason I hesitate is that they generally don't stock PAL games, so you have to be wary and order the "No Region Lock" only 360 games, which makes preordering impractical as they have to test the games themselves. Other than that they're great.