A fine or 6 months in jail if you spread fake news about coronavirus

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Let's see now... every year 200 000 people die of flu; the covid19 virus has killed less than 9000 in 3 months. For some reason the government has shut ports of entry, closed schools, and banned gatherings of 100 or more. Who is really guilty of spreading fake news? Where does government get its news from?
And how many get the flu?

lexity

Expert Member
It also spreads exponentially if not stopped, which is what leads to overwhelmed healthcare systems, meaning other people who need access to it don't get it.
Haven't government representatives admitted/claimed it's not possible to stop the spread of corona?

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Haven't government representatives admitted/claimed it's not possible to stop the spread of corona?
No...? And there's a big difference between saying you can't stop it from occurring at all, and saying you can't limit it spreading, which can, and is, being done.

exacerbated

Start with Facebook, biggest fake news and propaganda platform. People are literally to dumb these days and swallow like sponges from all the sharing. Pathetic.

exacerbated

"...the covid19 virus has killed less than 9000 in 3 months."

lol, this didn't age very well.
There's also debate on how death is counted in the medical community. Similar with AIDS, if you have severe immune deficiency as a result of the AIDS virus but been infected with TB or at late stage diabetes, cancer ect. Is the cause of death AIDS or from preexisting fatal ailments?

theratman

Honorary Master
There's also debate on how death is counted in the medical community. Similar with AIDS, if you have severe immune deficiency as a result of the AIDS virus but been infected with TB or at late stage diabetes, cancer ect. Is the cause of death AIDS or from preexisting fatal ailments?
The cause of death is TB with Aids the underlying condition / contributing factor.

lexity

Expert Member
Actually, I think they did. I don't recall where I read that. But anyway, it's in my 'to verify' bin, like most information emanating from the State-protected class.

And there's a big difference between saying you can't stop it from occurring at all, and saying you can't limit it spreading, which can, and is, being done.
I agree. There is a difference.

lexity

Expert Member
Have you heard what the HIV dissidents have been saying?

I think what they say is that the HIV tests have not been detecting a virus. That a virus has still not yet been isolated, and that what is testing positive is a raised anti-body profile... which is what most if not all very sick people have.

Also, that the so-called virus never acted like a contagious disease. It was always contained within the risk groups. Apparently there were - last I heard - 70 illnesses that test positive for HIV using the industry-standard tests.

So despite the onward march of political and celebrity endorsement of 'the science', dissidents are still waiting for the proper protocol to be followed.

p.s. If this is true, then the same question could potentially be asked of the methods involved in diagnosing covid 19.

hexagon

The most hilarious (but dangerous) CCP propaganda being circulated is that the virus is entirely natural and had nothing to do with their labs (this is the "fake news" that is being eradicated). This has been debunked comprehensively (regarding the "proximal origin" paper). Even if the virus origin were entirely natural, which is possible, we know from their publications that the Wuhan lab was most preoccupied with these and similar viruses and would have collected a sample the moment they heard of it. Notably, the most similar bat coronavirus samples were most often obtained from the Yunnan province (1800km from Wuhan). Also, the labs were routinely in the business of serial transmission of viruses through various intermediate hosts to ascertain gain of function (ferrets, tree shrews, pigs etc.) It's described in their papers. Genetic modification was not needed.

Claiming that this was definitively a bioweapon is a bridge too far. The scientists most likely knew this was a possibility, but it's not certain that this was on their minds daily. A rocket scientist may be spending every minute investigating new propulsion theories, but it's not necessary for them to be pondering annihilation of countries. That said, it would be in a country's best interests to know at least as much as their adversaries about bioweapons...

Edit: Oh, and the Facebook fact-checker worked at the Wuhan lab, by the way. I'm sure there is no conflict of interest.

Last edited: