"A Game of Thrones" discussion thread

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Can we openly talk about the episode now?

Looking back, I also think Brienne will be on the of the first major casualties.

Not only was her dream of being knighted made a reality, the episode also touched on how she had fulfilled her promise to find, save and protect Sansa. She also helped Jaime keep his head, who may have a much larger role to play yet (Valonqar and/or Azor Ahai). Her journey is complete.

Also, wouldn't it be a nice shock if the Night King and his army deliver a double blow?

Bran thinks he can lure him to the Godswood, but what if he is on his way to King's Landing with his dragon to do a little icing/burning while his army is ready to hit Winterfell?

Okay but ten thousand years worth of Starks rising up? At best it'll only be Rickon, Robb Wolfhead (what an awesome sight that'll be) and maybe Ned himself.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
They're also entombed in stone and the risen dead aren't stronger than usual. Would be odd if they can get out on their own.

No odder than an ice-breathing dragon that breaks down an ice wall, I guess.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Can we openly talk about the episode now?

Looking back, I also think Brienne will be on the of the first major casualties.

Not only was her dream of being knighted made a reality, the episode also touched on how she had fulfilled her promise to find, save and protect Sansa. She also helped Jaime keep his head, who may have a much larger role to play yet (Valonqar and/or Azor Ahai). Her journey is complete.

Also, wouldn't it be a nice shock if the Night King and his army deliver a double blow?

Bran thinks he can lure him to the Godswood, but what if he is on his way to King's Landing with his dragon to do a little icing/burning while his army is ready to hit Winterfell?
Time is very limited to wrap up the GoT saga. Having epic undead invasions of Winterfell and King's Landing occur simultaneously would really speed things up. Wouldn't surprise me if there are two undead armies moving into place, and the ice dragon is being used at King's Landing for now.

greg0205

Honorary Master
A line must be drawn somewhere dammit! :p If it were true than that means they possibly have resurrected people from the days of the original Long Night on the trek down south.
The line will be the CGI budget, and just how overwhelming the show runners want to make the scenes for viewers.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
I don't think her scene was fake (according to Williams' response to the scene).
Just camera angles away from nipples
It looked CGI - remember they would have needed to do makeup work for the scars anyway.

It looked the same as the nudity for Mila Kunis and Jessica Alba did.

The Voice

Executive Member
So, I'm thinking the little girl could be Melisandre, which plays nicely into her being down there in the crypt to "protect everyone". Also convenient that she's able to raise the (good) dead. The fact that the mark/scarring on her face was so prominent makes me think we're definitely going to be seeing it again.

And then onto a character who's pivotal to whether or not the world is going to end after this battle, but has been left out almost entirely with only 4 episodes left - Azor Ahai. Enter the "Golden Lion", with a golden hand, who claims he isn't a great fighter anymore, who just happens to appear at Winterfell alone - at the same time as the last person to have Lightbringer in his possession. Could he be the one to single-handedly (excuse the pun) end the Winter as predicted?

So, I'm thinking the little girl could be Melisandre, which plays nicely into her being down there in the crypt to "protect everyone". Also convenient that she's able to raise the (good) dead. The fact that the mark/scarring on her face was so prominent makes me think we're definitely going to be seeing it again.
Maybe people are just reading too much into it. The scarring just reminded him of Shireen.