"A Game of Thrones" discussion thread

noun

1. 1.
    a military operation in which enemy forces surround a town or building, cutting off essential supplies, with the aim of compelling those inside to surrender.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
She's a Greyjoy, betrayal runs in their veins.
I am wrong though. Many Ironborn wishes to restore the Old Ways, piracy which was taken away by the Targaryen’s. This is more a Euron thing at this stage, well, was, and I don’t believe that Yara supports the Old Ways in any case. In some other ways, Yara and Danny are like minded. Book Yara, or Asha, doesn’t support the Old Ways and wishes their kingdom to be united under one large kingdom - piracy only serves a divided kingdom. From my perspective, Grey Worm and Yara may be Danny’s only remaining companions.

I don’t know. D&D is making up schit as they go.

Also, Danny has no reason to succumb in Westeros. She can still rebuild in Essos which would be logic should the Westerosi have some uprising.

Arya got on a high white horse so I expect Danny to get Needled.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Walls being breached , soldiers stormy a city that's the definition of a siege. It's a story with characters that are human and have themes around human nature.

Can't give anything more detailed at the moment but couple of historical accounts in this podcast
Yeah... so we have Westeros and Essos, where is Asia?

A siege is when I knock on your door and you don't want to come out.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Bran will be the perfect king after Jon kills Danny as he can watch over the whole of Westeros with his ravens.

Jon will probably set the dragon "free" and it will go back to Old Valeria where it spent most of its earlier years.

MEIOT

Expert Member
Bran will be the perfect king after Jon kills Danny as he can watch over the whole of Westeros with his ravens.

Jon will probably set the dragon "free" and it will go back to Old Valeria where it spent most of its earlier years.
Brans such a pointless stream to the entire story.
Useless, pointless Bran! Should have just died from his fall.
He's like a kid born with a lame half developed 3rd arm....and paralyzed to boot.
What was the damn point of that now!?

Bonk

Apparently, HBO offered a 10 episode final season and Weiss and Benioff said no. I feel that with a 10 episode season the pacing would have been better and character motivations would have been developed more. Not to mention better dialougue. It is just atrocious this season compared to earlier seasons.

Urist

Expert Member
Jaime Said it in the first Episode "The things we do for love"
To a fault, He digs his sister, she loved her children, Jon his honour, Greyworm - Missandei and Dany herself. I like turn the episode did, and that it's not heading to a black and white ending. 100 times better than the white walker storyline. Jaime's arc was great, and so was Dany's, the signs were there when she started giving herself more titles than Idi Amin.
Jon reminds me of a naive dude trying to play the Witcher for the first time and trying to stick to the "good" choices.

Think Tyrion's gonna be put on trial yet again, poor guy. Hope Jon Champions for him.

Last edited:

daveza

Honorary Master
Apparently, HBO offered a 10 episode final season and Weiss and Benioff said no. I feel that with a 10 episode season the pacing would have been better and character motivations would have been developed more. Not to mention better dialougue. It is just atrocious this season compared to earlier seasons.

10 movie length episodes would do it.

Norrad

So Danerys decides she's so pissed at Cersei that's she's going to kill a few thousand innocent people that Cersei doesn't give a shyt about before killing Cersei herself. Makes sense.
She decided to rule by fear and killing thousands was the easiest and fastest way to achieve that.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
HBO offered them 10 seasons initially. But Weiss-Benioff were already set on 7 and it took some negotiation to get the 8th...in the interim (early 2017), they pitched HBO an alternative history type show about the South winning the Civil War and the interwebs threw a backlash party which made HBO delay things. Maybe there was some resentment on the part of Weiss-Benioff while writing season 8? Then last year the Star Wars rumours came around so there's been plenty to distract them.

HBO \ Weiss-Benioff should have parted ways after season 6 and GoT would have moved on with another showrunner - the show's best seasons had already come and gone. The interwebs might have moaned and groaned but explaining that Weiss-Benioff were only available for 2 short seasons would have allayed that (along with the news that the series would run longer). At least until the new seasons came out and could be judged on their own.