"A Game of Thrones" discussion thread

Urist

Expert Member
1. Rant about the last episode being so bad (first week)
2. Do a review of the season in the whole (2nd week)
3. Fade from existence...

Sometime when the spin offs air they will be back... and no-one will care.
Maybe we can all move on to hate on the new Witcher series.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
At least this episode confirmed something to me I wondered about for a long time.

There is a mental link between dragons and their riders. Drogon knew instantly Daenerys was dead and came straight for her. That explains why dragons can only have one rider at a time.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Also;

Bran harped on for seasons about being the Three-Eyed Raven and ''something else''. Now all of a sudden the wheely boi wants to sit on the throne and he has no issues being referred to as Bran again?

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
At least this episode confirmed something to me I wondered about for a long time.

There is a mental link between dragons and their riders. Drogon knew instantly Daenerys was dead and came straight for her. That explains why dragons can only have one rider at a time.
But dragons are a bit thick. It thought the iron throne stabbed the queen

jadiwolv

Here are my issues:

1. Bran can not father a child, Jon is not allowed to anymore (also not technically a stark) - Thus how will the House Stark live on? Stupid
    [*]Yara says the Iron islands pledged themselves to Dany. But was nowhere to be found in the biggest war and last stretch to the throne - If Dany died what was her pledge for? Stupid
    [*]Jon walks past Greyworm executing soldiers, walks to Dany and THEN as he walks up the steps he walks past Grey Worm again.
    [*]Jon snow had to tell everyone he killed her because Drogon flew off with her body - Grey worm not executing him on the spot does not make sense
    [*]Why was Jon not even mentioned/considered as an option to be king? Why did Sam not advocate on his behalf? The story could have ended the same why without Jon being a Targaryen / heir to the throne.
    [*]The final Kings Council scene was idiotic. Bronn a greedy whoremonger is master of coin?
    [*]Bran who did not want to be lord of Winterfell is now King? And he knew it was going to happen. Basically using Hodor / Jon /Dany to get himself to the throne. AFK WHOLE SEASON BTW.
    [*]Azor Ahai prophecy? Jon did not even stab her with longclaw, used some random dagger. No mention of lightbringer the legendary weapon he forges in her heart.
    [*]Jon being banished to the Nights Watch (that does not have a purpose anymore since there are no more threats beyond the wall), which is now in Independent territory, ruled by his sister / family. Why can he not just get pardoned? Grewyworm wanted justice but Tyrion becomes hand and Jon lives to grow old? And then the unsullied just sail away. ???
    [*]Davos offering the Unsullied land and banners when they can not reproduce .......
    [*]What was the point of Varys's death, he sent Ravens informing the world of Jon's Heritage and Claim. Not one mention, Jon's fate decided off camera. LOL
What a colossal flop. I feel empty
Jon should have been chosen as ruler but declined it honorably and then decide his own fate instead of being banished.

Last edited:

Ecko_1

I'm midway through Season 4. Going at a better pace than expected. Should be done in a few weeks and all caught up.

jadiwolv

The dumbest **** I've ever seen is the Unsullied and Dothraki just plain accepting that someone murdered their queen, what the ****. They rushed over her death and instead gave us Tyrion playing musical chairs for what feels like an eternity, what an absolute **** show :D
Exactly.......Bronn disappears at Winterfell. OH LOOK HE IS MASTER OF COIN LEKKER MANNE.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Exactly.......Bronn disappears at Winterfell. OH LOOK HE IS MASTER OF COIN LEKKER MANNE.
Tyrion is the second-most powerful person in Westeros as Hand and a Lannister always pays his debts.

jadiwolv

Tyrion is the second-most powerful person in Westeros as Hand and a Lannister always pays his debts.
Sure, but my point is he is a Hitman right? He is a hustler. The debt was paid but why make him master of coin, also Tyrion is the second most powerful in westeros just to not be included in the Maester's book that Sam showed them?

Neoprod

Honorary Master
That was tamer than expected. Jon should be dead. Sansa gets rewarded for treason with a crown. I expect Dorne and the Iron Islands declared their independence a day later and we didn't get to see it because that North bit was a little too easy.

All in all, less of a tragedy than expected.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Sure, but my point is he is a Hitman right? He is a hustler. The debt was paid but why make him master of coin, also Tyrion is the second most powerful in westeros just to not be included in the Maester's book that Sam showed them?
He's the perfect Master of Coin...takes no BS when it's collection time and who's going to try to cheat the taxman who's good with a crossbow?

If he wasn't Lord of Highgarden, he'd probably steal what he collected ;)

That Tyrion book thing was a throwaway line for amusement...makes no sense in the context of the show. If it was Pycelle writing it under Cersei's instruction maybe that would have happened. Tyrion was Master of Coin to Joffrey, Hand to Daenerys, new Hand to Bran, current Lord of Casterly Rock?...what kind of history book leaves that kind of stuff out?

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Seriously, these writers.

Brienne swore a life oath to Catelyn Stark that she would protect Sansa. Why is she Kingsguard to Bran while Sansa is the queen of an independent kingdom?

Literally nothing mattered in this season. Season 8 is like its own free-standing show, totally unconnected to the previous 7.