"A Game of Thrones" discussion thread

skimread

Executive Member
Won't be a story, comparable to GOT. GOT main intrigue was the power struggle, politics, many different characters and and and. Arya's story will read something like the 90's lame Xena the warrior princess. One main character, picking up a side kick and kicking ass every episode, with a moral of the story twist at the end.....
Yes the show won't have to have such a big cast and will be much cheaper to make. But do you think the network will let go of such a cash cow opportunity? you basically just need one person to sign up,Mazie Williams, and she is too short and fat to play any other role than Aya. She can never play a leading lady as her lead will have to bend down in all the scenes.

Do you rather want another DC or Marvel superhero TV Series?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Yes the show won't have to have such a big cast and will be much cheaper to make. But do you think the network will let go of such a cash cow opportunity? you basically just need one person to sign up,Mazie Williams, and she is too short and fat to play any other role than Aya. She can never play a leading lady as her lead will have to bend down in all the scenes.

Simple. She can put on Chuck Norris's face, problem solved. Walker Texas Ranger is already the spinoff.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
My 2c

There is also a chance that Daenerys isn’t totally succumbed. She believes in R'holler, and the television adaption didn’t explore the Drowned God. The dragon went East, likely to old Valyria, but still East to where R'holler is worshipped. Bran had an interest in Drogon’s location, Volantis may be a concern, but Drogon will be returning his mother to the place where they give birth.

The Unsullied on the other hand… well, there is a Melisandre arc here, Naath where Melisandre was born where the Unsullied are prepared to protect the isle. The Dothraki returned to the Dothraki Sea.

I guess there is a possibility that Daenerys may be reborn, perhaps with a new view.

Jon, well, he voided his punishment and the North, nor the Night Watch stopped him. He is still their ‘king’. Just disappointed in the Night King arc, meaningless story, but perhaps there will be more to it in the North beyond The Wall. Some Wildlings looked like recycled White Walker extras, but anyhow…

The greatest disappointment is Bran being King, he knew he was to be King, and everything he saw led to him being crowned King, Daenerys being killed, Jon being exiled, the North staying independent (Stark interest… somebody who isn’t a Stark anymore, ah…), protection against slavery (Unsullied heading to Naath), the Night King, King's Landing destruction, etc. etc. etc. I would have suggested that Bran also went North, the Others arc can’t possibly be over and I think this was abruptly closed to end the television adaption and much had to be adapted to suit the limited episodes run. The Drogon arc, Bran is worried about Drogon even though he may warg to his location and whereabouts, but he doesn't seem to be able to warg into Drogon otherwise he wouldn't have asked the question at his table.

What I want is a GoT: Old Valyria series and a sequel.

I doubt Arya will run into any dangers in the West. You know, to go West you have to go East and so on… She will probably sail straight into a living Daenerys. Perhaps a new threat or two, who knows? Targaryen blood is still alive and well, and there was another Targaryen which went North previously... ask Bran all about that.

Lastly, the Iron Bank will still want to collect the outstanding debt, thank you Tyrion, Bran can't warg that debt away and Bron won't be able to BS the Iron Bank.

Buy yah... perhaps Doom will return in a sequel, but then again, Old Valyria will end in Doom.

This is my take on the conclusion.

The prequel is coming... but I doubt it will go way back to Old Valyria.

prOd

Expert Member
My 2c

There is also a chance that Daenerys isn’t totally succumbed. She believes in R'holler, and the television adaption didn’t explore the Drowned God. The dragon went East, likely to old Valyria, but still East to where R'holler is worshipped. Bran had an interest in Drogon’s location, Volantis may be a concern, but Drogon will be returning his mother to the place where they give birth.
You are giving these writers way too much credit dude...just about every other prophecy or mystical aspect we found in the previous seasons meant fsckall in the end

skimread

Executive Member
Simple. She can put on Chuck Norris's face, problem solved. Walker Texas Ranger is already the spinoff.
To use his face you need to kill him and no one can kill Chuck Norris. Then again who is no one?

The Voice

Executive Member
So, it's finally over. What a long, strange journey it's been. Despite the ups and downs, I can honestly say I'm privileged to have watched the greatest spectacle in the history of television. And to think it almost didn't happen for me (thanks for introducing me to GoT, Mrs The Voice).

Having said that, I feel thoroughly underwhelmed by the ending. I don't think it's even remotely how I had imagined it would finally come to a close. So many unanswered questions, too - almost as if there's meant to be a couple more episodes, or even another season, to just explain everything. But, as they say, all good things must come to an end. Even Game of Thrones.

And now, on to my gripes with how it ended:

Why did they spend so much time building up Jon/Aegon, just to send him to The (no longer even relevant) Wall? Varys had sent out messages to, I'm assuming, all the remaining houses notifying them of his birth right - and all were in attendance - even Sam, who told him he was a Targaryen. Even his sisters, who knew, didn't say a word. Sansa makes a bit of sense, in a way. If Aegon became king, the North would follow him, and she wouldn't get her own kingdom, and she was very much in the game at the end. But then, why did she tell Tyrion, knowing that he'd tell Varys who would tell the rest of the world? And so dies House Targaryen...

I was sad when he killed Dany - but I knew it had to be done when she was speaking to her troops, basically telling them that King's Landing was just the beginning. She believed, utterly, that what she was doing was just and for the greater good. I'd been rooting for her from the start - until Jon was revealed as the true heir, that is. And was hopeful that they would rule together - peacefully. For a brief moment, we had the old Dany when she was in Jon's arms again - you could see that she was happy again, almost vindicated. One wonders if King's Landing would even had happened if he hadn't blanked her at Dragonstone. They also had the perfect opportunity to bring the Azor Ahai prophecy to fruition - he just used the wrong weapon. And, I guess, with it being the last episode ever, him going Super Saiyan for it not to lead to anything would be kind of pointless (see my previous paragraph re: the Aegon arc).

I don't see how Grey Worm, the Unsullied and the Dothraki are just OK with the fact that the queen they've followed for so long just got murdered. Grey Worm seems to at least have been committed to continuing Dany's legacy by sailing off to new lands.

Bran the Broken 9000, after all this, becomes king. An elected king. And he knew (obviously), that it was going to happen. So he effectively used every single character in the story to his advantage, and is ultimately responsible for the death of everyone in King's Landing. He played everyone - even the fans! Oh, and House Stark dies with him. It never even dawned on me until they decided to send Aegon to The Wall, ending the Targaryens.

That's all I have, for now.

TL;DR: meh. I still have that "wtf it's really over?!" feeling...

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
You are giving these writers way too much credit dude...just about every other prophecy or mystical aspect we found in the previous seasons meant fsckall in the end
Dude, maybe you must read my previous posts on this topic. I took the television adaption as it is. It was your choice to continue watching the series.

beans100

Honorary Master

Oh, please not another of those. I'd gladly watch a spin off of GOT, than those.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
It'll be too much to wish for a series in far off lands in Essos. Like when Quaithe wanted Dany to go to Asshai.

Maybe when he's done GRRM can open up the setting to an Expanded Universe-type deal.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
And have no books to be based on
Why would they need books? GRRM has written much lore to add to this universe he had created. All they would need are screenplay writers, or artists, with a vested interest in the product.

The Voice

Executive Member
Yeah, we can hope as much as we want, but GoT as we know it is done. Anything new related to it will be a prequel.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
So, it's finally over. What a long, strange journey it's been. Despite the ups and downs, I can honestly say I'm privileged to have watched the greatest spectacle in the history of television. And to think it almost didn't happen for me (thanks for introducing me to GoT, Mrs The Voice).

Having said that, I feel thoroughly underwhelmed by the ending. I don't think it's even remotely how I had imagined it would finally come to a close. So many unanswered questions, too - almost as if there's meant to be a couple more episodes, or even another season, to just explain everything. But, as they say, all good things must come to an end. Even Game of Thrones.

And now, on to my gripes with how it ended:

Why did they spend so much time building up Jon/Aegon, just to send him to The (no longer even relevant) Wall? Varys had sent out messages to, I'm assuming, all the remaining houses notifying them of his birth right - and all were in attendance - even Sam, who told him he was a Targaryen. Even his sisters, who knew, didn't say a word. Sansa makes a bit of sense, in a way. If Aegon became king, the North would follow him, and she wouldn't get her own kingdom, and she was very much in the game at the end. But then, why did she tell Tyrion, knowing that he'd tell Varys who would tell the rest of the world? And so dies House Targaryen...

I was sad when he killed Dany - but I knew it had to be done when she was speaking to her troops, basically telling them that King's Landing was just the beginning. She believed, utterly, that what she was doing was just and for the greater good. I'd been rooting for her from the start - until Jon was revealed as the true heir, that is. And was hopeful that they would rule together - peacefully. For a brief moment, we had the old Dany when she was in Jon's arms again - you could see that she was happy again, almost vindicated. One wonders if King's Landing would even had happened if he hadn't blanked her at Dragonstone. They also had the perfect opportunity to bring the Azor Ahai prophecy to fruition - he just used the wrong weapon. And, I guess, with it being the last episode ever, him going Super Saiyan for it not to lead to anything would be kind of pointless (see my previous paragraph re: the Aegon arc).

I don't see how Grey Worm, the Unsullied and the Dothraki are just OK with the fact that the queen they've followed for so long just got murdered. Grey Worm seems to at least have been committed to continuing Dany's legacy by sailing off to new lands.

Bran the Broken 9000, after all this, becomes king. An elected king. And he knew (obviously), that it was going to happen. So he effectively used every single character in the story to his advantage, and is ultimately responsible for the death of everyone in King's Landing. He played everyone - even the fans! Oh, and House Stark dies with him. It never even dawned on me until they decided to send Aegon to The Wall, ending the Targaryens.

That's all I have, for now.

TL;DR: meh. I still have that "wtf it's really over?!" feeling...
It's not really the show's fault...GRRM was never going to write a happily-ever after. I mean after all the stuff that's happened, who would even buy a fairytale ending?

The ending we got was a lot better in general than what I was expecting. Definitely not written or paced to the quality of the earlier seasons but more people got out alive than I expected from the GRRM Reaper.