"A Game of Thrones" discussion thread

Neoprod

Honorary Master
This is getting tiresome.

"Anybody expecting a happy ending wasn't paying attention" is a cop out for truly awful writing.

They fed us 7 seasons of backstory, lore, myths and prophecies only to rip everything up and feed us nonsense. They turned core characters into morons.
If the writing was the reason for the low rating of the finale, surely the entire season should be around the same?

The people rating this specific episode that poorly didn't get their desired outcomes and are throwing their toys like the little children they are. Personal investment aside, was that episode of television qualitatively a 4.8?

CUDlybunny

If the writing was the reason for the low rating of the finale, surely the entire season should be around the same?

The people rating this specific episode that poorly didn't get their desired outcomes and are throwing their toys like the little children they are. Personal investment aside, was that episode of television qualitatively a 4.8?
Cinematography all season was great imo. Writing was dreadful.

thestaggy

Honorary Master

On Rotten Tomatoes, seasons 1 through 7 are between 91% to 97%. Season 8 sits at 70%.

Season 8 is a trainwreck. It's like the 5th direct-to-DVD sequel of what was originally a box office blockbuster and Oscar winner.

Another one

Did anyone check if this is legit? I assume it will be edited out soon. I love how people will try find the smallest of mistakes and report on that instead of the episode itself

Not sure if I need to use the proper news format for that, doesnt seem relevant as news.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Wow, I've just watched the finale, and I couldn't be happier with it ... it was the perfect ending. I was worried about it ending too schmaltzy or too dark, and lo and behold, neither! Also it was one of the most beautifully shot episodes in terms of emotions without the need for words. Honestly after the hot mess than Seasons 6 to 8 have been up to this point, this was an unexpected piece of redemption for the entire series. I don't say this as a purist, just as a regular joe who watched it since S01E01 ... and here we are now.

*hats off to the cast and crew*