"A Game of Thrones" discussion thread

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
again, wtf, no goodbyes between Jon & Sam???
Payback for not saying goodbye to Ghost in episode 4... speaking of which did anyone else find there to be inconsistency in how big or small they made the direwolves appear to be throughout the seasons and episodes?

As for this final episode, I found there was lots of things to nitpick about, glaringly obvious or silly things, further evidence that things were rushed. It's the freaking final episode, put in the effort it deserved D&D!

skimread

Executive Member
Last episode felt a bit too like Lord of the Rings ending. Dany is Gollum. The Iron throne is the ring. Everyone goes on their merry way at the end. The last small council meeting is like the hobbit celebration.

5 series of Lord of the Rings but it is only coming out in 2021 earliest so a long wait.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Yeah, digged it too. Something occurred to me watching this scene. Was this the first time we saw her all in black? I can only ever recall her in white or blue. I'm probably wrong but for some reason it struck me. Maybe it was just the contrast with the snow (the precipitation kind, not Jon kind)
Wasn't snow, t'was ash.

bumblebee

Am I the only one that intensely dislikes Bran?
I think this was a mis-casted character.
Worked well for the young boy, but unable to convey any complexity needed for the three eyed raven.
From the script side, not much informs his motivations, or explains the purpose/impact of his actions when warged. This really bugged me in episode 3.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
I think the finale, and the whole final season were a huge let down. Did someone slow the whole thing down to make it last longer? Some scenes took way longer to get through than they should have.

I think they blew the budget on the CGI for the fight scenes and had nothing left for decent script writers. Feels like someone had forgotten to write an ending and it was done in a rush.

prOd

Expert Member
One thing that caught my attention is Bran acting like he knew he would become king with that stupid "Why do you think I traveled all this way" line. So are you telling me he knew what chaos Dany would cause and he let it happen anyway just to be king?

flarkit

Executive Member
Wasn't a terrible wrap-up IMO. Can't wait to start it all over again with S01E01

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
what a krap final episode

for years the characters fought battles and there was everything

in the end everyone lived happily ever after far from what they set out to do