"A Game of Thrones" discussion thread

prOd

Expert Member
Oh and stop asking for a re-write.

The books are the real story and will come out eventually. If GRRM dies a proper writer will finish and we will get our story with a proper ending.

A few years later they will reboot this as an Anime.
Obviously a re-write won't happen lol, least we can hope for is a anime version, that would be killer.

Didn't GRRM also say he won't let anyone finish his work? I know it's a douche thing to say but look at it objectively, the guy is 70 and hasn't brought out a GoT book in what 10 years...? I'd love to read the books, but not interested in a story that won't end

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Obviously a re-write won't happen lol, least we can hope for is a anime version, that would be killer.

Didn't GRRM also say he won't let anyone finish his work? I know it's a douche thing to say but look at it objectively, the guy is 70 and hasn't brought out a GoT book in what 10 years...? I'd love to read the books, but not interested in a story that won't end
I think he wont have a choice.

He will get a book out now - I think they may have been holding back for the TV series to finish.

So one more book and he knows it will turn into fan fiction if he does not nominate someone. So i bet that is already decided.

With enough money anything can happen.

daveza

Honorary Master
Yesterday was the longest day, avoiding all news sites and social media.

I was expecting to be disappointed by more poor writing and a hashed together ending.

While I accept there were loose ends and many will not be pleased, the final episode for me gets a big thumbs up.

No band of brothers marching happily into the sunset, no fairy tale romantic finales - the war was over ( for now ) and everyone had their own paths to follow.

And Jon cuddled his dog, what more could one want.

Au revoir to the greatest TV series ever.

Now what the hell do we watch.

OCP

Expert Member

I was expecting to be disappointed by more poor writing and a hashed together ending.

While I accept there were loose ends and many will not be pleased, the final episode for me gets a big thumbs up.

No band of brothers marching happily into the sunset, no fairy tale romantic finales - the war was over ( for now ) and everyone had their own paths to follow.

Sony is adapting The Wheel of Time - should be out soon :)

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master

Chernobyl should temporarily fill the void...

Compton_effect

Honorary Master
I can't see Jon do anything except go North with Ghost and Tormund.
Sansa should get to rule Winterfell
Arya going out to see the world (No more list)
Dany was never going to get the Iron throne. Neither Cercei.
Jamie was doomed the moment he shagged his sister.
Brienne gets to be badass as a Knight.
Bron got his castle. And the royal coin with the responsibility that goes with it. (No brothels)
Bran didn't want the throne (or did he?) Which makes him perfect.

Its not a bad ending. But it was too rushed. All this should have happened at the end of 20 episodes, or Season 9.

M_Kat

Oh and stop asking for a re-write.

The books are the real story and will come out eventually. If GRRM dies a proper writer will finish and we will get our story with a proper ending.

A few years later they will reboot this as an Anime.
+1 GOT Anime