"A Game of Thrones" discussion thread

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
On that note:

Since there's a sort of mental link between Drogon and Dany, I'm surprised he did not try to keep a close eye on her once Jon was in her company.

...and why was Dany left alone and unguarded like that? Greyworm already didn't trust Jon, and Jon's whole body language (since Kings Landing was laid to waste) was one of someone walking on egg shells and to be viewed with suspicion!
Lots of continuity problems with those scenes... like :

Jon walks past Geyworm on the way to Dany then Greyworm is waiting with Dany.
Dany glares at Jon when they arrest Tyrion, 5mins later at the throne she is in love with him again

the edit was absolutely shocking.

Quicks

Why did they delay it with 1 year? This hole season felt like a waste of time. Took them 2 years for 6 crappy episodes...

cr@zydude

Executive Member
I think he wont have a choice.

He will get a book out now - I think they may have been holding back for the TV series to finish.

So one more book and he knows it will turn into fan fiction if he does not nominate someone. So i bet that is already decided.

With enough money anything can happen.
I'm hoping that Brandon Sanderson will finish the books once Martin dies.

The final scenes were decent, but way too many plot holes for my liking in the episode.

Naks

Expert Member
Game of Thrones prequel: Everything we know so fa: https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-48280752

When is it set?
Whatever it's called, the show will be set around 5,000 years before events in Game of Thrones.
That means none of the characters we've come to love and hate over the last eight years will even be alive yet.
But there is one exception.
The Night King, played by Slovak actor Vladimir Furdik, will feature in the prequel.

When will we get to see it?
Not until at least next year, although filming has already started in Belfast.
HBO's Casey Bloys told The Hollywood Reporter "there's no timetable", adding: "If we do a pilot and series, nothing is going to air on HBO until at least a year after the final season."
So that means May 2020 at the earliest.

Compton_effect

Honorary Master
Game of Thrones prequel: Everything we know so fa: https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-48280752

When is it set?
Whatever it's called, the show will be set around 5,000 years before events in Game of Thrones.
That means none of the characters we've come to love and hate over the last eight years will even be alive yet.
But there is one exception.
The Night King, played by Slovak actor Vladimir Furdik, will feature in the prequel.

When will we get to see it?
Not until at least next year, although filming has already started in Belfast.
HBO's Casey Bloys told The Hollywood Reporter "there's no timetable", adding: "If we do a pilot and series, nothing is going to air on HBO until at least a year after the final season."
So that means May 2020 at the earliest.
5000 years of being badass. Only to make a rookie mistake and get shanked by a poison dwarf with daddy issues?
Yeah right.