"A Game of Thrones" discussion thread

R13...

Honorary Master
The long night won't come again unless the Night King had bastards. Or Crasters kids could survive without him.
I'm including GRRM's ending there. Doubt there's a night king in the books - he's just some tale old Nan told the Stark kids in the books to scare them.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
weird, in the last scenes, none of the wall seemed damaged...
This was irritating for me, I think so many off the issues could have been resolved by having one scene where they showed the work effort for rebuilding. Just show how the time has progressed.

They could have just filmed random marching and building efforts and made this into a proper season.
If there was one point they could have taken from season 6+7 is that people hated the teleportation and speed travel.

Naks

Expert Member
The wall is about 482km (300 miles) long. Why will a scene from the middle of the wall, show results of what happenned 241ish km away? ;)
the damaged section was at/around Castle Black, so on top/close to the main gate that JS & the Wildlings rode out of...

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
I'm including GRRM's ending there. Doubt there's a night king in the books - he's just some tale old Nan told the Stark kids in the books to scare them.
The massing of the wildlings and white walker invasion was though... so I think it will be slightly different, there wont be a leader of the white walkers and the wall will fall with the sounding of the horn or something.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
the damaged section was at/around Castle Black, so on top/close to the main gate that JS & the Wildlings rode out of...
When was the wall by Castle Black damaged?

Tormund specifically said he was going back to the wall by Eastwatch which is next to the sea. Jon and him spoke about it before they parted ways at end of season 7 as the army of the dead was approaching from that direction. That;s where the Night King broke through which is far away from Castle Black.

Naks

Expert Member
When was the wall by Castle Black damaged?

Tormund specifically said he was going back to the wall by Eastwatch which is next to the sea. Jon and him spoke about it before they parted ways at end of season 7 as the army of the dead was approaching from that direction. That;s where the Night King broke through which is far away from Castle Black.

my bad, I had it wrong then.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Then why does the wall end (first screengrab) at Castle Black (which is in the middle), and why does the sea water plash up as in second pic (an inland sea near Castle Black?)?

1558510846759.png

1558510973618.png