"A Game of Thrones" discussion thread

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Any reason to think any of those letters went out? We only see him setting one alight. Nothing about any others, IIRC.
Daenerys, while talking to Tyrion about Varys' betrayal, says everyone will know the truth now. Word got out.

Also, the little girl he speaks to, no doubt he had his flock of little birds working on this as well.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Daenerys, while talking to Tyrion about Varys' betrayal, says everyone will know the truth now. Word got out.

Also, the little girl he speaks to, no doubt he had his flock of little birds working on this as well.
Yeah, but the Varys thing was based on Jon telling Sansa. Remember he says something about if 4 people know it's basically public knowledge.

So it's not clear at all that any of them went out or that his birds got the word out (if that's even what he told them to do). The clearer indication there to me was that Varys' influence had waned, since the girl was being watched.

akescpt

Honorary Master
Documentary was interesting. They might have ****ed up the story but the production was epic.

The Voice

Executive Member
Documentary was interesting. They might have ****ed up the story but the production was epic.
Got me right in the feels a few times.

Most noteable was when Kit Harrington finds out Jon Snow kills Dany.

akescpt

Honorary Master
Got me right in the feels a few times.

Most noteable was when Kit Harrington finds out Jon Snow kills Dany.
That was crazy. Did you see that it ended there? Or did I interpret it wrong? He chunked for real.

It’s crazy the way they shoot it.

akescpt

Honorary Master
At the end of the documentary I was reminded of this pic.

It was keeeeets last scene. In fact last GOT scene ever. Guy mentioned how he was 12 and now 10 years later. Mooi moment.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Yeah, but the Varys thing was based on Jon telling Sansa. Remember he says something about if 4 people know it's basically public knowledge.

So it's not clear at all that any of them went out or that his birds got the word out (if that's even what he told them to do). The clearer indication there to me was that Varys' influence had waned, since the girl was being watched.
Varys had a spy network that spanned Essos and Westeros. He survived five kings. Now suddenly that network and all his smarts vanished? After Littlefinger's death there wasn't a person alive that we knew of that could counter Varys.

Garbage writing is garbage.

daveza

Honorary Master
The Last Watch was just fantastic.

Reminds me that amongst all the stupid there is a lot of clever.

The Voice

Executive Member
That was crazy. Did you see that it ended there? Or did I interpret it wrong? He chunked for real.

It’s crazy the way they shoot it.
Yeah noticed that, too. So maybe they added the rest in at a later stage. Would make sense, as the general consensus is that the final episode was pretty decent until the point Drogon flies off with her body. It could (and probably should) have just ended there - the trial and final bits with everyone going off to nowhere was just nonsensical filler tbh.