"A Game of Thrones" discussion thread

Urist

Expert Member
The internet opinion bandwagon can be a terrible thing. Not saying it's all bandwagon, the show obviously reduced a lot in writing quality, but objectively it should be more of a gradual decline from Season 4. Looks like the cinematic episodes had the highest rating in the previous seasons, maybe they thought doing that for an entire season would be a good idea.

The Voice

Executive Member
The internet opinion bandwagon can be a terrible thing. Not saying it's all bandwagon, the show obviously reduced a lot in writing quality, but objectively it should be more of a gradual decline from Season 4. Looks like the cinematic episodes had the highest rating in the previous seasons, maybe they thought doing that for an entire season would be a good idea.
Have to agree. I think everyone (me included at times) gives D&D more **** than they deserve. Remember, and correct me if I'm wrong, the books officially end when Jon dies. So his resurrection, and everything else after, was all down to D&D's "shitty writing" (with input from GRRM, obviously, as there was no other source material - including the final).

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Have to agree. I think everyone (me included at times) gives D&D more **** than they deserve. Remember, and correct me if I'm wrong, the books officially end when Jon dies. So his resurrection, and everything else after, was all down to D&D's "shitty writing" (with input from GRRM, obviously, as there was no other source material - including the final).
I don’t know the agreement between GRRM, the showrunners and HBO, but GRRM didn’t serve as a creative director beyond that point and all ‘creativity’ was given to the showrunners. According to GRRM, he had a meeting with the showrunners 5 to 6 years ago and then watched the show like everybody else.

GRRM will serve as creative director on the new show.

The Voice

Executive Member
I don’t know the agreement between GRRM, the showrunners and HBO, but GRRM didn’t serve as a creative director beyond that point and all ‘creativity’ was given to the showrunners. According to GRRM, he had a meeting with the showrunners 5 to 6 years ago and then watched the show like everybody else.

GRRM will serve as creative director on the new show.
Apparently he still met with them to discuss their ideas, even for the ending, just to see what direction they were going, and that it wasn't far off from how he may still finish the books.

He gave them creative license before then, too - the Night King was all their doing, if I recall (doesn't exist in the books).

Magnum

Expert Member
I Finally understand GOT.

It is a story about a young boy who slipped climbing a tower and was left paralyzed .

His severe injuries and broken dreams caused him to slip deeper into self seclusion everyday, only to find escape in his own creative mind.

He survived terrible wars, Magic creatures, Recieved unimaginable magic powers, watched dragons fight hordes of undead and finally dreams that he would become king of a whole world...

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I Finally understand GOT.

It is a story about a young boy who slipped climbing a tower and was left paralyzed .

His severe injuries and broken dreams caused him to slip deeper into self seclusion everyday, only to find escape in his own creative mind.

He survived terrible wars, Magic creatures, Recieved unimaginable magic powers, watched dragons fight hordes of undead and finally dreams that he would become king of a whole world...
But he didn't want it, up until the very last episode.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
George R R Martin has been busy writing/creating a world for a new game series instead of finishing the books. Dark Souls team and him linked up.

Frostfang

http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-emmys-2019-writing-directing/#images

Submitted episodes for Emmy Awards:
Writing category :
  • Episode 6, “The Iron Throne”, written by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss

Directing category (3 episodes submitted) :
  • Episode 4, “The Last of the Starks” directed by Nutter;
  • Episode 6, "The Iron Throne" directed by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss;
  • Episode 3, "The Long Night" directed by Miguel Sapochnik