A good guide for external antennas, signal and speed

KopiteZA

Hi Blapan, can you answer a few questions I have about this antenna? Thats if you own one of those, I'm curious to hear from someone who actually owns one so I know what to expect before i decide on buying one.
I'd like to know what kind of gain you see with this antenna? Was it easy to set up, do you just set it down wherever or did you have to move around alot before you found an optimal spot? Also how far from the tower are you, and before and after speeds? Thanks in advance.

Blapan

Hi Blapan, can you answer a few questions I have about this antenna? Thats if you own one of those, I'm curious to hear from someone who actually owns one so I know what to expect before i decide on buying one.
I'd like to know what kind of gain you see with this antenna? Was it easy to set up, do you just set it down wherever or did you have to move around alot before you found an optimal spot? Also how far from the tower are you, and before and after speeds? Thanks in advance.
Yes easy to setup, Cell C tower is +/- 1KM from me, Vodacom about 800m. Check the results. Will be testing other networks soon.

Attachments

KopiteZA

Yes easy to setup, Cell C tower is +/- 1KM from me, Vodacom about 800m. Check the results. Will be testing other networks soon.
Thanks man, appreciate the response. I'm actually looking to use it on the Rain network but I've been told my tower is congested so an external antenna wouldn't be of much help. Since this is one of the cheaper antennas I think it might just be worth a shot though, because I have seen a slight increase in speed the closer i move to the tower. Even a 1mb increase would justify this purchase for me, going from 0.5mb to 2mb would mean I'll atleast be able to watch some Netflix again!

Blapan

Thanks man, appreciate the response. I'm actually looking to use it on the Rain network but I've been told my tower is congested so an external antenna wouldn't be of much help. Since this is one of the cheaper antennas I think it might just be worth a shot though, because I have seen a slight increase in speed the closer i move to the tower. Even a 1mb increase would justify this purchase for me, going from 0.5mb to 2mb would mean I'll atleast be able to watch some Netflix again!
No problem, let me know if you woud like to try one.