A look inside the new R470-million high tech hospital in Pretoria

R13...

Honorary Master
Private hospitals will be part of the NHI for no sum.
That's a half truth and you know it. And membership of the NHI will be voluntary for private hospitals. The government are relying on the fact that anyone wanting business would have to join the NHI. But some practices might opt for the high LSM user group who will opt to remain in private care. Mind you hospitals will still be allowed to serve people not on the NHI but I'm sure the super rich will prefer exclusive places.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
That's a half truth and you know it. And membership of the NHI will be voluntary for private hospitals. The government are relying on the fact that anyone wanting business would have to join the NHI. But some practices might opt for the high LSM user group who will opt to remain in private care. Mind you hospitals will still be allowed to serve people not on the NHI but I'm sure the super rich will prefer exclusive places.

Aggg let him spread his half truths and FUD. We all take his posts with the mountain of salt they deserve, and more often than not lately he lets his veldskoen show through anyway.. so its become amusing in its own way these days.

abzob

Honorary Master
R470m for a new hospital. While the minions of Lesufi sanitised a school or 2 for around R400m.

I was thinking that it’s quite cheap for a high-tech hospital but then realized that I’ve been desensitized by Camissa/ Hui !Gaeb property prices and government spending.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Why must they spend money on a website?

Their property portfolio speaks for itself, and its not like their website actually generates any real leads or business for them
Every credible company must have a website according to some here. If not, then they're feeding exclusively off the treasury. Not my logic...

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Quite likely if the RETards get their way of course.

But I would think Growthpoint have a fair idea of the way the winds are blowing on the front before they stumped up R470m to build such an entity. Probably considerably more than your veldskoen do actually.
Realistically, I don't see its full implementation anytime soon.

Mila

Honorary Master
And the Anc:
Lesufi’s department spent over R431 million on tenders to decontaminate classrooms, even though this wasn’t required by the health department.
Yes Champy keep slapping your hands in glee, you seem to enjoy the suffering your heros are causing.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Realistically, I don't see its full implementation anytime soon.

Realistically I don't see even its basic implementation anytime soon.

Its going to get mired up in bollocks for a good long while, then when they try take it a step further possible court cases which will drown it for a decade.

RandomGeek

Expert Member
It certainly is a GREEN building, it should be since it was built out of $100 notes

wernervn

I wonder if they're paying TV licenses for all those TV's. Even the baby cot had its own TV :unsure:

krycor

Honorary Master
Keep seeing the amazing things built privately and the amount of money squandered by the government. Imagine they built hospitals like these! Or universities. Or anything that works.

Unlikely.. unless everyone suddenly became wealthy end even then nope unless population served was tiny.. the hospital design not appear to be for throughput.

It's sad to think where we could have been as a country after 25 years if our corrupt government didn't steal billions (or trillions) from their people. At this point I have stopped blaming the ANC, instead I'm blaming their voters that keep them in power... and still get nothing in return.

You could do that.. but you’d be missing the point entirely like opposition mostly have for decades at this point.

This will always be the great tragedy of South Africa - it could have been one of the best countries in the world. That dream got ANC-ed.

Best for whom?

This is like people praising the past. It wasn’t gonna happen.. at best we’d be in a scenario where unskilled labour would be imported or aged and everyone 24yrs or younger is super skilled and educated.. but like all things it comes with balance. So we’d have a debt level of what?

Personally I’m of the opinion that people need to suffer more, particularly the minority in this country (which includes myself). Why? Unification. You know that thing every right wing conservative hates because you can’t destroy identity. Well while that exists above national identity, people won’t move on. Again.. it’s how the cookie crumbles.

Sollie

Honorary Master
Unlikely.. unless everyone suddenly became wealthy end even then nope unless population served was tiny.. the hospital design not appear to be for throughput.

You could do that.. but you’d be missing the point entirely like opposition mostly have for decades at this point.

Best for whom?

This is like people praising the past. It wasn’t gonna happen.. at best we’d be in a scenario where unskilled labour would be imported or aged and everyone 24yrs or younger is super skilled and educated.. but like all things it comes with balance. So we’d have a debt level of what?

Personally I’m of the opinion that people need to suffer more, particularly the minority in this country (which includes myself). Why? Unification. You know that thing every right wing conservative hates because you can’t destroy identity. Well while that exists above national identity, people won’t move on. Again.. it’s how the cookie crumbles.
Watch out, our health system does not allow it.

system32

Expert Member
Keep seeing the amazing things built privately and the amount of money squandered by the government. Imagine they built hospitals like these! Or universities. Or anything that works.
+1
Example:
Government could have built 1.78 hospitals for money wasted on unusable Eskom Wilge flats (R840m):

Last edited: