a Narcotics Question

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Sad sad state of affairs when people encourage somebody clearly suffering from a strong addiction to keep going.

And people ask why the youth vote in the elections was so poor, probably staying home high as a kite.

And yes, I do actually know what it's like.

@Deadmanza I have a Friend who went through this kind of hell, multiple times and is still so f**** up we don't talk nowadays due to their insane and violent behaviour.

So go back to whatever it is your smoking, go back to your street corner and beg from passers by for money to feed your addiction.

All I fear, is how much you think drug addictions and substance abuse is a joke,

It's a serious and dangerous affliction that ruins families, alienates people, and causes deep scars that never heal.
You sure you not on drugs? Because from your posts you could be the poster child for why drugs are bad.

maumau

Honorary Master
I'm 30. I don't have any big traumas to speak of that has made life particularly shitty. I'm just shitty. I know that if I want to be happy, I have to stop drinking and smoking as much, make a concerted effort to make friends and spend time with them and family, focus on investing in the future, find something I am passionate about and improve myself both in a personal and professional capacity. What I cannot get over is the meaninglessness of achieving those goals. Everything ends in death, so no matter what I achieve/do, it all feels absolutely useless in the overall scheme of things.
Still young. In some ways I agree with you, but one day you might meet someone who makes everything worthwhile. Only trouble is if you're always stoned or drunk you aren't giving out very good vibes.

TBH I feel sorry for people who don't enjoy their work because I love my job even though it's just computer stuff. Eight hours of boredom every day?

smi

Expert Member
The answer is going to be a lengthy drawn out one.

Short answer is your brain will stop functions due to nerves and synaptic loss, leading to altering both behavioral and cognitive processes in many ways.

Long term affects such as memory loss, hallucinations, physcosis, body mass loss, organ failures... List is long

It ain't worth doing these long day jaunts, your life will be buggered.

On another note, what happens to the sex drive after 14 hours?

airborne

Executive Member
The fk, how do you stay going for 7 days without sleep, longest I have been is probably just over 24hrs and that was miserable, never to be done again.

I don't think even with additives my body can go for much longer than 24hrs without sleep, it just grinds to a halt after that.

Still young. In some ways I agree with you, but one day you might meet someone who makes everything worthwhile. Only trouble is if you're always stoned or drunk you aren't giving out very good vibes.
Can't argue with that.

TBH I feel sorry for people who don't enjoy their work because I love my job even though it's just computer stuff. Eight hours of boredom every day?
No, most of the time work is the better part of my day (clients can be so stupid sometimes it hurts :p)

eg2505

Honorary Master
Who's encouraging him to keep going?
you for one, with your posts of ja actually it's pretty normal at this point. and we as a species been doing it for a long time and Getting fccked up is normal human behavior.

Nick333

Honorary Master
you for one, with your posts of ja actually it's pretty normal at this point. and we as a species been doing it for a long time and Getting fccked up is normal human behavior.
Oh I see, because someone is abusing a substance we should pretend that the use of mind altering drugs isn't something we've been doing since forever, because said someone might think week long binges are normal?

Im glad we could have this nuanced debated.

sadly, i used to be the same. Luckily for me i am a good few months clean. It took two years of me "trying to get clean" to actually get clean. I realized that my life was worth alot more than just getting high. it would take me days to recover, feeling **** and unmotivated to do anything. Now what keeps me going is my family and my career and willingness to succeed in life. its not an easy task to deal with addiction, every day can be a battle, but i stay motivated.

Im slowly loosing a friend to khat, who also has the same mindset where his life is not good enough and no wish to continue. Its a sad state of affairs, the lies to obtain funds for the substance while there is no electricity at home.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
I'm 30. I don't have any big traumas to speak of that has made life particularly shitty. I'm just shitty. I know that if I want to be happy, I have to stop drinking and smoking as much, make a concerted effort to make friends and spend time with them and family, focus on investing in the future, find something I am passionate about and improve myself both in a personal and professional capacity. What I cannot get over is the meaninglessness of achieving those goals. Everything ends in death, so no matter what I achieve/do, it all feels absolutely useless in the overall scheme of things.
Existential crises are common.

See your GP and ask for a referral to a psychologist.

Therapy and potentially meds can completely change your life, there is no shame in taking care of your mental health.

Matt91

Existential crises are common.

See your GP and ask for a referral to a psychologist.

Therapy and potentially meds can completely change your life, there is no shame in taking care of your mental health.
Really well said. Many a time people turn to drugs as a coping mechanism because they have feel isolated or alone, mental illness shouldn't be such a taboo subject in 2019.

TheTwo

Expert Member
sadly, i used to be the same. Luckily for me i am a good few months clean. It took two years of me "trying to get clean" to actually get clean. I realized that my life was worth alot more than just getting high. it would take me days to recover, feeling **** and unmotivated to do anything. Now what keeps me going is my family and my career and willingness to succeed in life. its not an easy task to deal with addiction, every day can be a battle, but i stay motivated.

Im slowly loosing a friend to khat, who also has the same mindset where his life is not good enough and no wish to continue. Its a sad state of affairs, the lies to obtain funds for the substance while there is no electricity at home.
When I used to partake it was cos it was just that.. A HIGH and then depression and back to normal where normal was a Normal kfie Roth goals, good moods etc. Where it can easily become addiction is when life is so futile that the Hig you chase is to make a **** life bearable

KT-B

Honorary Master
I have essentially given up on life but lack the commitment to commit suicide, so I'm just keeping myself busy until I die.
Find a passion. Something that makes getting up every morning worth it. There are things out there - you just need to find it.

KT-B

Honorary Master
Think of it like I do. We chose to come down here (from wherever) and experience life. Everything that happens is part of that goal. Good or bad - it is all just experiencing. I have made decisions that I sometimes regret - and yes I often drink a bit much - but that is to give me the strength to keep my mouth shut and stick with the path I have chosen. Find something in everything you do that makes it worthwhile. It is a mental thing - rather than an emotional one. And our minds are incredibly powerful and convincing. Go with it. It is its own drug.
Mmmm I think I got a bit confusing there. What I am saying is that we judge things to be bad and good based on what we have been told / made to expect. You can change that thinking. But one thing that you really need - is sleep. You will find that life is a lot less depressing if you get what your body needs. Start with a little more than you get now - and keep adding to it.

Grant

Honorary Master
I have essentially given up on life but lack the commitment to commit suicide, so I'm just keeping myself busy until I die.
What I cannot get over is the meaninglessness of achieving those goals. Everything ends in death, so no matter what I achieve/do, it all feels absolutely useless in the overall scheme of things.

ok
i'm finding this a little alarming
2 yrs ago a 16yr boy leapt to his death from the roof of a building and landed 20m from me.
i spent the last 15 minutes of his life with him - but that really should be reversed around - he spent the last 15 minutes of his life, with a total stranger.

be that as it may, i got speaking with his parents for a while sometime after the boy's death.
he had been in "mental care" as in psychologist - the boy saw no real purpose in life, life had no real point to him.

before he jumped, he was seen on the roof by a couple of people who were familiar with him.
he seemed quite content, was having a cigarette, had a bottle of water and was chatting on the phone - he actually smiled and greeted a couple of people.
then he jumped !

so, adding on - a good friend of mine was a consultant psychiatrist at valkenberg hospital - his main field of interest was suicide, in particular - "jumpers".

here's the rub . . in speaking to the boy's parents and others that knew him, it became clear he was "bored".
academically all was good - socialized with his peers. he was a bright, good looking and well liked kid, but something was obviously missing (oh, great parents as well).

speaking to my shrink friend about this boy, he told me - in his opinion and experience, a lack of challenge in life, while seemingly innocuous, can become a catalyst leading to other things.

he has a similar approach when dealing with patients with various dependency problems - keep them busy doing other stuff, new stuff - preferably outdoors. what is needed is both mental and physical stimulation.

------------------
so now (i have not followed this thread at all since my one post here some time back - i have no idea as to what others may be saying).

ditch the cat - it's not working for you , no matter how much you initially tried convincing yourself.
as per my other post - i'm no stranger to chemical romances - i've seen it all before, and i'm way older than you.
i have witnessed 1st hand the wrecks cat can create - it always starts off with insular behavior and leads to paranoia and psychosis - some people for whatever reason are able to sail through long and extended narcotic adventures, others crash and burn - who knows why.

take up waterskiing or windsurfing, maybe get an off-road motorbike and simply explore on weekends, go to flight school - learn how to fly a helicopter - whatever it may be - but break the cycle you are in, sooner rather than later.

Sensorei

Expert Member
Some of my friends went down that road back in my wilder days. I was more into more calming recreational drugs.

One of the insane affects of meth/tik/khat is the junkie pride users have over how much they can use to keep going and how long they can go without sleeping. Then even the bragging about how bad their paranoia gets when they're fried, and it comes almost a competition. Totally insane.