A Philosophical Question

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
FAR EAST RELIGION:

EASTERN RELIGION:
The western religion and its lifestyle is derived then from the "EAST" but not the "FAR EAST" as suggested ...

Then looking at it this way why is the lifestyle in the "FAR EAST" not influenced by the one in the "EAST"...

Both then going to different extremes due to the character of people influenced...just a thought...
Bad info. Safe to ignore.

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
True... why comment... if it is safe to ignore... why not just ignore?
To inform new forumites and other readers who come across this thread to get the correct information as per GAO and logical reason. While I understand your grasp on the truth is tenuous at best, it is also best to inform other people about your deception.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
No martyrship in buddishm etc. is a straitghtforward lie. Sitting on spikes while meditating, walking through fire etc, powers of concentration... martyrship is the same thing...
I suggest you look up the meaning before using a word so readily:
martyr (plural martyrs)

One who takes action according to his religious beliefs accepting that he will be killed by others; one who is put to death for his religion; as, Stephen was the first Christian martyr.
Hence, one who sacrifices his life, his station, or what is of great value to him, for the sake of principle or to sustain a cause.
(with a prepositional phrase of cause) One who suffers greatly.
Stephen was a martyr to arthritis.

Verb
To put to death for adhering to, or acting in accordance with, some belief, especially religious; to sacrifice on account of faith or profession.
To persecute; to torment; to torture.
The lovely Amoret, whose gentle heart
Thou martyrest with sorrow and with smart. —Spenser

source:http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/martyr

Powers of concentration, you said it yourself, that is the answer to all those activities, Fire walking, is actually a very simple scientific process , not magic, and meditating on a bed of nails is also simply an exercise in concentration, these activities dont involve death for their belief (unless the guy is a complete and utter tosser, and messes up).
I have been to China, seen martial arts monks perform , and kids , perform the same "tricks", and trained martial arts with them, so i understand that most of what is spectacular to the layman , is simply achieved through dedication to a particular art, acceptional skill at what they do , and a total utter belief in their abilities to do it, in other words lots and lots of practice :D
They are not martyr's ,they are not dying while doing those things, simply men with amazing abilities.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
Then looking at it this way why is the lifestyle in the "FAR EAST" not influenced by the one in the "EAST"...

Both then going to different extremes due to the character of people influenced...just a thought...
Why wasnt life style inluenced in the Far East, good question, answer being it was , but only in very small amounts.
Why does a life style change in a country or area? or what influences change?.
The answer is knowledge, and unfortunately the Far East was ahead of the East and the West with regards to knowledge, Scientifically , medicinally, and Philosophically, in those times.
The only time one civilisation affects another is when one has something, or knows something the other doesnt, and unfortunately at the time of the development of the Faiths of Christianity and Islam, the knowledge was greater in the Far East, and so their was very little the Far East required from the East or West knowledge wise( The Judaic faith is older, than the other two, so the amount of contact between the Far East and the East/West would have been a lot less at that time)
Another small , but rather important point , is the geography of the area, there stands between the West/East and the Far East, some of the most uninhabitable regions on earth, travel was not easy the dangers were extreme, and going by sea was very dangerous, so information between the two may take a number of years to reach the other.

Why wasnt life style inluenced in the Far East, good question, answer being it was , but only in very small amounts.
Why does a life style change in a country or area? or what influences change?.
The answer is knowledge, and unfortunately the Far East was ahead of the East and the West with regards to knowledge, Scientifically , medicinally, and Philosophically, in those times.
The only time one civilisation affects another is when one has something, or knows something the other doesnt, and unfortunately at the time of the development of the Faiths of Christianity and Islam, the knowledge was greater in the Far East, and so their was very little the Far East required from the East or West knowledge wise( The Judaic faith is older, than the other two, so the amount of contact between the Far East and the East/West would have been a lot less at that time)
Another small , but rather important point , is the geography of the area, there stands between the West/East and the Far East, some of the most uninhabitable regions on earth, travel was not easy the dangers were extreme, and going by sea was very dangerous, so information between the two may take a number of years to reach the other.
Doing a very quick search the following info regarding such religions:

- Hinduism is regarded as the world's oldest religion.
- Judaism is backdated to 1850BC
- Taoism 640BC
- Buddishm 530BC
- Confucianism 479BC
- Christianity 000
- Islam 570AD

That's about it...

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Doing a very quick search the following info regarding such religions:

- Hinduism is regarded as the world's oldest religion.
- Judaism is backdated to 1850BC
- Taoism 640BC
- Buddishm 530BC
- Confucianism 479BC
- Christianity 000
- Islam 570AD

That's about it...
Thank you! A real post! One small error, but not really worth commenting on, just thought I would mention it, Christianity would be 33 AD/CE, and the old Hindu religion in question is Dravidianism (as it is a pretty multi faceted religion)

Thank you! A real post! One small error, but not really worth commenting on, just thought I would mention it, Christianity would be 33 AD/CE, and the old Hindu religion in question is Dravidianism (as it is a pretty multi faceted religion)
Like i explained, very basic- and the date well needed to keep you awake, some reckon it even to be 37AD/CE. (CE since you are perfect...)

Neo

Expert Member
I really wish the two (or more) dodos posting would identify themselves as such.

It'll make it easier to ignore the non-sensical rantings of dodo-1 (who never seems to grasp the topic at hand, has got a poor understanding of the use of English and its grammar and refuses to use the web or read anything) and actually debate with dodo-2 (who can spell, understand English, can search the web and (although still a fundamentalist) can debate a topic).

@ the dodos; As I've posted before, if you post under different sigs it'll help you as much as the rest of us.

I really wish the two (or more) dodos posting would identify themselves as such.

It'll make it easier to ignore the non-sensical rantings of dodo-1 (who never seems to grasp the topic at hand, has got a poor understanding of the use of English and its grammar and refuses to use the web or read anything) and actually debate with dodo-2 (who can spell, understand English, can search the web and (although still a fundamentalist) can debate a topic).

@ the dodos; As I've posted before, if you post under different sigs it'll help you as much as the rest of us.
At least they are debating the issue at hand instead of having a go as 80% of your posts do.

Which sig are you posting under this week? Why not grow a pair and use the same one all the time.

As a matter of interest QUOTE:

"Hinduism has the oldest recorded roots in Dravidianism. Dravidianism was estimated to have been practised around 6000 to 3000BCE and as such predates Sumerian, Egyptian and Babylonian cultures."

As a matter of interest QUOTE:

"Hinduism has the oldest recorded roots in Dravidianism. Dravidianism was estimated to have been practised around 6000 to 3000BCE and as such predates Sumerian, Egyptian and Babylonian cultures."
Christians regard such religions quite scornfully. Does the age of a religion make it more legitimate? For example, Christianity is over 400 years older than Islam.

Neo

Expert Member
At least they are debating the issue at hand instead of having a go as 80% of your posts do.

Which sig are you posting under this week? Why not grow a pair and use the same one all the time.
Must be a sad world you live in where you cannot actually form your own opinion but have to comment on other peoples posts.

I really pity you, you're a very sad person. I hope you work out the issues that made you such a bitter person, I really do. We actually live in a not-so-bad world. I hope you'll one day realise this. Seek therapy.

Must be a sad world you live in where you cannot actually form your own opinion but have to comment on other peoples posts.

I really pity you, you're a very sad person. I hope you work out the issues that made you such a bitter person, I really do. We actually live in a not-so-bad world. I hope you'll one day realise this. Seek therapy.
Hi SKEPTIK, may NEO need to seek therapy, he can't realise that he started the sad attacks on DD as usual isn't it? He commented not making any positive contribution to the thread... It is really sad if you can't realise that you are showing signs of inferiority with remarks like that...