A warning to America from South Africa

Leitmotif

Expert Member
Disturbing in that it refers to a non-caucasian majority in the US that doesn't exist? In that it fails to address the fact that black peoples took power from the white rulers on the basis of their homelands being ruled by interlopers? I don't see the american indian making a comeback to claim the country. Numerical representation in government in the US wouldn't benefit blacks at all... they don't have the numbers.

Anyway... there are lots of holes. No, the most feasible route for minorities in western countries to take power is based on the fact of minority representation.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Hardly relevant nor interesting - simply more FUD out of the disgruntled minority.

Trent242

So people are disgruntled when stating truths about how corrupt politicians go unpunished ( or they are out of prison after a few months in jail ), how murdering people, to get their body parts, is overlooked as a crime ?

Nice, intelligent, comment on an article summarises the current state of affairs in this country of ours.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Load of rubbish if you ask me.

Yes Africa is different and has a totally different style of politics and culture to the "Western World", that really doesn't mean that the "Western World" is going to succumb to the same problems as Africa, they have their own unique problems to deal with.

Random717

Expert Member
The article might summarise the state of affairs in South Africa and Zimbabwe, but it is hardly comparable to what is or could happen in the US. Waste of time IMO.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
That statement validates the article doesn't it?
Really - how? Assume for a minute that I'm American, how does that what I said validate anything? I've simply read the warning and subsequently dismissed it as tripe.

ebudae

What the f**k?

Sorry for that less than elloquent title but it was seriuosly the first and only thing I could think when reading the article.

The writer of the article makes it sound as though white people in South Africa have lost all power, as though the money were now somehow being distributed to the formerly disadvantaged. Well all one has to to do is look at the number of advertisements being aimed at white afrikaaners and you know exactly where the money is going?

Steve Hoffmeyer is the top selling artist in South Africa. The last time I checked I had to meet anyone from Kayalitsha that listened to Steve loslyfmeyer.

White Afrikaaners have their own channel on DSTV. Black Africans have one channel on DSTV and it serves every country in Africa and it plays mostly American music as if we don't get enough of that crap on MTV.

We all now have freedoms we never had before. Now you can criticise your goverment and not have to fear for your life.

And I have yet to find, despite having mostly black neighbours, entrails in the street. I have yet to witness a ritual slaughter or for that matter to lose a family member to a muti killing. By the way everytime I have read about a muti killing it appears to be some poor black child who has lost his or her life.

Let us not even start talking about corupt politicians. America has more than it's fare share. Americans should hang their heads in shame at the things their politicians have done. Their last president was getting off in the oval office and then lied about it twice. The world is currently at war because their current president assured us that Sadam Hussein was affiliated with Al-Qaeda and that he had biological and nuclear weapons. To this day, after sending Iraq catapulting toward a civil war, we have yet to find so much as a Ecoli grenade.

If you feel this country is so bloody bad then leave. What we need here is people with solutions for a better future. Not people who want back the days of armies patrolling the streets, black and coloured people restricted to certain areas and a government that saw itself as above reproach.

Viva South Africa.

Last edited:

Myrrdin

Expert Member
Really - how? Assume for a minute that I'm American, how does that what I said validate anything? I've simply read the warning and subsequently dismissed it as tripe.
Exactly and that is what many South Africans did. Dismissed the warnings as tripe as you put it. South Africa did not go down with a bang but with a wimper because we dismissed it as tripe.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Exactly and that is what many South Africans did. Dismissed the warnings as tripe as you put it. South Africa did not go down with a bang but with a wimper because we dismissed it as tripe.
I'll tell you what then - in 20 years feel free to point your finger at me and say I told you so. ok? ;)

Leitmotif

Expert Member
South Africa didn't go down due to people dismissing warnings... the white leaders did the right thing by handing over power to the majority. Unfortunately, much of what the majority's leaders have done with their newfound personal power since then has been unjustifiable.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
If the old government had not changed , we would have had a war in this country, that would have made the killing fields of Cambodia, and Bosnia, seem like a civil riot, and anyway the article is obviously written by a white supremist/zionist/anti-minority/radical Xenophobic.
Secondly the american industrial/military/ruling rich, would implement martial law, or clamp down in such a way as make any riot/protest/opposition movement seem to be harbouring or breeding terrorists, who are anti the good old U.S. of A, and one or two negative articles in the press towards any such group, and good old patriotism would rear its head, and the movements will fail.
He who controls the press controls public opinion.

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
Steve Hoffmeyer is the top selling artist in South Africa. The last time I checked I had to meet anyone from Kayalitsha that listened to Steve loslyfmeyer.
You jeallous that he is making more money than you are ? :D Anyways should the people that like listening to his music simply stop buying his albums or listen to his music cos the people in Kayalitsha havent heard of him ? But wait fsck that Elton John is one of the top music sellers and I dont know one teenager listening to his music lets blame the older generation.

White Afrikaaners have their own channel on DSTV. Black Africans have one channel on DSTV and it serves every country in Africa and it plays mostly American music as if we don't get enough of that crap on MTV.

Viva South Africa.
Indeed but how many black people can afford dstv compared to white people it would make business sense to go after the people with money. Remember there is also sabc1,2,3 which are mostly black african channels with one afrikaans show(7de laan) on all those "free" channels.

And before you start to blame apartheid please remember there is a regulator and its their DUTY (a black african orginisation) to look out for the consumer and they should have allowed for more than one pay-tv company long ago that could bring more african channels. Just like they should have allowed for a sno to bring competition to the market so us poor folks can get cheaper internet.