A Windhoek ad has been banned for suggesting real men – like Gerard Butler – drink real beer

ForceFate

Honorary Master
After much thought and 8 or 11 windhoeks I came to the conclusion that real men do indeed drink real beer and fake men drink pink drinks.
So according to popular opinion on this thread, you're not a real man.

Big Rat

Real man would drink any beer, coz it is a beer, not moan about a specific beer.
You hand me a beer, i drink it, never mind the bloody label.
Just leave all this panzy crafted crap out. Only Jack black almost taste decent, perhaps a stellenbrau.

Kola_CT

Expert Member
Real man would drink any beer, coz it is a beer, not moan about a specific beer.
You hand me a beer, i drink it, never mind the bloody label.
Just leave all this panzy crafted crap out. Only Jack black almost taste decent, perhaps a stellenbrau.
Ever so slight, but the irony is there...

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Does anyone posting in this thread understand that from a communications POV this is a pretty well-known strategy to get attention ("top of mind" is the industry term.) They know full well that there will be blowback from this and that is why they have done it. We've all seen the Nando's ads right?

Sollie

Honorary Master
Does anyone posting in this thread understand that from a communications POV this is a pretty well-known strategy to get attention ("top of mind" is the industry term.) They know full well that there will be blowback from this and that is why they have done it. We've all seen the Nando's ads right?
You're talking about the Streisand Effect and manipulating it.

This ad was bad, a 'meh' rating, but I still don't agree with the banning. I wouldn't compare it to Nando's. They are brilliant, in a different class. Nando's somma goois it as it is ...

On that note, I present the Minister of Inland Fisheries! ;)

Aghori

Honorary Master
Beer is mostly for the blue-collar and unwashed masses of people. A "real man" drinks Scottish whisky or vintage champagne, when with a woman.

Aghori

Honorary Master
Why on earth are you telling me what I did deliberately?

I mean I spelled the word correctly - as in thus making it describe the only whiskey worth the name - Irish - and deleted the stupid scottie crap.

Agreed. I do on occasssion enjoy a good bottle of refined Irish like Jameson or Bushmills. I lean toward the Scottish though because of the tradition and the taste.

Temujin

Honorary Master
the minority female drinkers of beer must not be treated as a silent minority in the design of marketing material by producers such as Heineken
Why only female? What about non-binaries? Why are we ignoring them? They drink beer. And gender fluids? what about them?

Ninja'd

A Djinn
Beer is mostly for the blue-collar and unwashed masses of people. A "real man" drinks Scottish whisky or vintage champagne, when with a woman.

Pfft, "real men" who wear skirts and idea of fun is playing golf. Try vodka and wrestling bears, tovarisch.