AA warns of catastrophic petrol price increase for South Africa - predicts R20 by end of the year

animehero

Expert Member
The organisation warned the current data showed that petrol could go up by 99c per litre, while diesel and illuminating paraffin could increase by R1.42 a litre.

“This will push 95 unleaded petrol (ULP) inland above R19 per litre (close to R19.30 per litre), and diesel to R17 per litre,” the AA said.

“Taking this potential increase into account, the price of a litre of 95 ULP would have increased from R14.86 per litre in January to R19.30 per litre in November – a 30% increase over 11 months.”

Voicy

Honorary Master
What the ETA on your Tesla? :p
You joke...I actually had to cancel my Model-Y preorder due to quality issues and then the Rona™.

But right now it might actually end up being the more affordable option. :(

cyb3rt

And to think just a year and a half ago oil prices briefly tanked to sub-zero numbers on certain international exchanges.

Those were some good days

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
And to think just a year and a half ago oil prices briefly tanked to sub-zero numbers on certain international exchanges.

Those were some good days

People have short memories: Fuel prices were low, but you couldn't drive anywhere due to lockdown restrictions...

joshuatree

Expert Member
Who uses a trickle charger for their battery?

If petrol prices get out of hand, more planning of trips maybe?

system32

Expert Member
You joke...I actually had to cancel my Model-Y preorder due to quality issues and then the Rona™.

But right now it might actually end up being the more affordable option. :(
Model-Y... The Plaid is the answer.

$m@Rt@$$

Expert Member
They lost a lot of money during the 'vid last year so they aren't gonna let loose anytime soon.

I don't even pay for the stuff but this is even touching my innards.