ABSA online banking down again at month end - April 2018

Kosmik

Honorary Master
I would suspect the VAT change as most systems will kick in now for their new invoice run to bill FOR april.

When were they last down though? Haven't noticed in a while.

DeSLAM

I'm sure even they have been invoicing at 15% VAT long before today....cant see why that will be the reason.

DeSLAM

April has 30 days, and VAT of 15% had to be applied as from 1 April 2018 (which they were well aware of) on any service fees invoiced or services they pay for during the month of April.

Perhaps the problem lies more with who they host with, as the other banks are not with IS. Unresponsive servers.

Last edited:

Purply

Expert Member
Nothing new here since it's a monthly occurrence unfortunately.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
April has 30 days, and VAT of 15% had to be applied as from 1 April 2018 (which they were well aware of) on any service fees invoiced or services they pay for during the month of April.

Perhaps the problem lies more with who they host with, as the other banks are not with IS. Unresponsive servers.

Those are only raised now. Anyway, it's not that apparently but it's actually surprising how tricky the vat change is, and I don't mean just from a simple tech point of view. POS is easy but delayed billing and invoicing is causing headaches all around the country, non IT related.

SA-UK

Banned
Must admit it's the first time in over 3 years I personally have had a problem accessing my accounts..and I login at least once daily to do checks and balances.
i'll give them a break this once.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Absa Android Banking App not working for me. Anyone else also experience issues?

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
Must admit it's the first time in over 3 years I personally have had a problem accessing my accounts..and I login at least once daily to do checks and balances.
i'll give them a break this once.

You haven't been using them a lot last year? Because they were down a few times.