Absa online banking outage (30 June 2014)

LaraC

Honorary Master
I can only assume it is the result of large scale retrenchments within Absa IT division. You loose experience and skilled employees.

BGE

Expert Member
Every month-end... the same story... I would have been fired had my web app been down as much!

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Update from Absa: Absa is aware that customers are currently unable to logon to several of our digital channels. Customers who are registered for Cellphone Banking Lite can access their accounts by dialling *120*2272# from their mobile phone. We are investigating the issue as a matter of urgency and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Glad it's not just me.

I logged in earlier to make some payments and all my beneficiaries were gone! The site was also extremely slow.
Tried again 10 minutes later and got logged into the old ABSA internet banking site. My beneficiaries were still there and I managed to make my payments.

Purply

Expert Member
Imagine Absa actually gave their clients a proper answer, as this happens every single month for the past 6, if not more, months in a row. Technical glitches se moer!

tRoN

Executive Member
Bloody idiots these Absa digital technicians. Had an issue with not being able to do recurring payments for a beneficiary. Logged a complaint. After 3 months and various "escalations" and threats of reports to ombudsman, the last idiot told me to try using the "old" site and try...yes it worked but he couldn't explain why the new site was not working.
3 farcking months ago they could have told me this!!!