Absa recommends blockchain-based digital ID system

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
They are proposing to adopting or copying something like Civic?

grok

Honorary Master
I can just image a world where old technologically constrained gogo in rural KZN forgets her irretrievable blockchain password, effectively making her persona non grata at the local home affairs, or maybe next time when they say the system is down you really are up the creek without a green paddle..

Moto Guzzi

Expert Member
So your power off(Long enough as well), you a digital zombie without cash-?

Pegasus

Executive Member
I can just image a world where old technologically constrained gogo in rural KZN forgets her irretrievable blockchain password, effectively making her persona non grata at the local home affairs, or maybe next time when they say the system is down you really are up the creek without a green paddle..
Imagine reading the article…

IndigoIdentity

Expert Member
Ah Absa trying to stay relevant again.

What I don't really understand, these days it seems "mobile" is associated with "secure" and punted in the same way.

Take FNB for instance, constant nagging regarding moving to the mobile app, it's so much more secure that you can get held up at gunpoint to basically empty your bank account from anywhere, any time?

Hoardes of malware and vulnerabilities exist in your mobile ecosystem? No worries, try out the perfectly secure mobile application today, how wonderfully convenient it is.