ABSA to FNB EFT not showing after 3 business days

NJG

I received an eft on Thursday, and it's been 3 business days and the money still has not reflected in my account. I don't know what to do, fnb is adamant that they have received no money and ABSA is absolutely useless and says there's nothing they can do for me. Any help on what to do?

Venomous

Honorary Master
Check your account again around 0830.

I bank with another bank and when people pay me from their FNB accounts it takes many days to clear in my account, even if the people do a pay-and-clear.

I'm not with ABsA either, normally my payments to fnb clear quicker, within 1-2days, depending on what time I paid them.

Venomous

Honorary Master
On a further note...

What was the EFT for?
Salary?
A client that has paid you before?
Sold something, and the person claims they have paid you via EFT?

D3nz

Honorary Master
I remember reading here last week that FNB was down due to a system update. Sometimes eft's take longer to reflect due to that. Happened to me some time back. You may have to wait a while for it to show up in your account.

Edit
If you've sold something and you're waiting for the payment, I'd definitely wait for it to show up in my account before releasing the goods.

Last edited:

NJG

I sold something, but the guy I sold it to wants me to send the product, but I'm not doing anything until it shows up. I have received an SMS from ABSA notifying me of the transaction.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I sold something, but the guy I sold it to wants me to send the product, but I'm not doing anything until it shows up. I have received an SMS from ABSA notifying me of the transaction.
Good man. Those can be faked too, so it's not much proof.

I think the guy is lying. Does the SMS have some kind of track/trace number on which you can give to Absa?

marine1

Honorary Master
Means nothing wait until it reflects

Venomous

Honorary Master
Then tell the guy you will release the goods once it clears.

In the meantime don't stress about it. Go on with life as normal

Scam, guy sent nothing. Move to the next buyer.

Thursday before 3pm would have refelected Fri morning.
Thursday after 3pm would have reflected Sat morning.

Last edited: