Absa unveils new online banking beta site

Roadrunner

Expert Member
Did they just unveil the news about it, or can you actually find it somewhere?

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
The screen shot looks good, but the salespitch is all about things I've been doing with Nedbank for years now, and FNB's banking site is MILES better than Nedbanks, so whilst ABSA might have a pretty new skin, I don't think it will be that revolutionary.

Ghost29

ABSA are still living in the stone age though. My gf's mom is with ABSA and I recently tried to get her to try out internet banking. She said it wasn't worth it because of the cost. As someone who is with FNB and Nedbank I was rather confused. Turns out to use internet banking with ABSA it costs R22 PER MONTH! Now that is freaking ridiculous.

I'm now helping her change banks. Really wish ABSA would get with the times.

Last edited:

CyberStorm

My cheque account used to be with ABSA but I changed over to FNB about two years ago.

I don;t care how much they revamp their internet banking portal - they still charge you monthly to use the service. FNB's one is ALWAYS free.

FNB FTW! ;-)

Brakanjan

My cheque account used to be with ABSA but I changed over to FNB about two years ago.

I don;t care how much they revamp their internet banking portal - they still charge you monthly to use the service. FNB's one is ALWAYS free.

FNB FTW! ;-)

The guy next to me in the office is with ABSA, we looked at their beta site, everything is copied from FNB, the account home screen, even the payments screen concept, this is pathetic. Just keep on copying, its four year late. So glad I sent them ontheir way 5 years ago, I am a proud FNB client :D and will always be.

bond007

The guy next to me in the office is with ABSA, we looked at their beta site, everything is copied from FNB, the account home screen, even the payments screen concept, this is pathetic. Just keep on copying, its four year late. So glad I sent them ontheir way 5 years ago, I am a proud FNB client :D and will always be.

I have get online banking from ABSA and FNB and i must say that although FNB site is easier to use there is alot more functionality on ABSA's site (old one). If absa maintain functionality on the new site and use FNB's layout then ABSA's site WILL be better....

raind33r

Expert Member
SO it's optimised for iPad and Samsung tablets...mhhh

Are they also going to offer the iPad deals as per FNB? I wonder..