• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Two-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Chromecast, Branded Gear, and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.
  • Giveaway - Win a DiskStation DS918+ and Active Backup Suite from Synology. Enter Here.

Access from internet to Paradox alarm system

onpartydig

Hi,

I have a Paradox alarm system with the IP150 module installed for remote management. I current have an issue in that I can access the alarm when running the RAIN Fixed LTE-A on my Huawei B315s-936. When I change to the rain mobile sim issued by rain I can not connect. Does anybody know why this would happen?

Thanks

Joh

onpartydig

I haven't change any of the port settings on the router, I have just swapped the sim cards and restarted the router so everything should be the same, I assume.

Captain Morgan

I am also struggling to get port forwarding to work on my Rain mobile sim. The port forwarding for my CCTV works perfectly on Telkom LTE (using unrestricted apn).

Have noticed that Rain mobile works when changing the apn from "rain" to "unrestricted", but port forwarding still not working.

I have contacted Rain to find out if an unrestricted apn is available for port forwarding, however they seem clueless. They are also unable to transfer the call to the networking team.

StoneCold

Expert Member
I am also struggling to get port forwarding to work on my Rain mobile sim. The port forwarding for my CCTV works perfectly on Telkom LTE (using unrestricted apn).

Have noticed that Rain mobile works when changing the apn from "rain" to "unrestricted", but port forwarding still not working.

I have contacted Rain to find out if an unrestricted apn is available for port forwarding, however they seem clueless. They are also unable to transfer the call to the networking team.
Also been trying to get port forwarding working on my end. Didn't know that there was an "unrestricted" apn that is functioning on their network like Telkom has, very interesting indeed.

onpartydig

I have the B315 Huawei LTE router on Rain Fixed LTE with port forwarding working. Set it up quite a while back but I think you just specify the forwarding under: security --> Virtual Server and the incoming application under security --> Special Applications if that makes any sense.

onpartydig

I haven't change any of the port settings on the router, I have just swapped the sim cards and restarted the router so everything should be the same, I assume.
For some vary wierd reason my lte router's wan address is not populated to paradoxmyhome when using the rain mobile sim as apposed to when using the rain fixed lte sim. I have no clue what is causing this. How can exchanging 2 different sims have such a different outcome?

Hi everyone. When using a wirless LTE connection the problem is that the APN must be unrestricted and the networx are not willing to do this for security reasons. A way that might sort out your problem is to have your IP150 module taken in for a software update to the new version that doesnt require any port forwarding or other settings to be done and it then also works o the new app which includes push notifications.