Accurately monitor data usage

ZeroCool5254

Hey guys I have a really stupid question, but before I ask I need to give some info.

I share a DSL connection with my brother's girlfriend's family. We decided to go 50 50 on the costs and got a 10 meg line from Cybersmart. The thing is I live 3 houses from them so i got a 50m ethernet cable between the houses.
All works well the internet is fast and i love it.

So with Cybersmart we have 300 gigs daily usage and after 12 its go crazy uncapped. Even though it is an uncapped connection. The FUP is 10 gigs per day and the whole 300 gigs thing.

Today we hit 320 odd gig for the month and we're throttled. The thing is we have about 15 devices up and connected.
I run my PC and an iPad on my side of the internet. On my PC i have this little app called NetWorX to measure my usage.

My brother comes and tells me that you have to take your data download usage which is 358 mb for today so far and times it by 3 to get to what you downloaded.

My question is.... How accurate is that? I meant that just sounds absurd. Can I rely on NetWorX to accurately measure my data usage. Do I have to do some math to work out the actual usage. Because right now I'm getting the finger and I feel it is unfair.

I would really appreciate your input in this.
PS I hope this is the right place for this.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Why would you have to multiply it by 3? It should measure it correctly.

If you have a windows 10 machine, go to settings > Network and Internet > Data Usage to check the last 30 days, you definitely don't have to multiply by 3 on it.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Multiply it by 3....hehehehe.

Thats what zooma would say if he was a PC tech.

ZeroCool5254

Cool Thank you guys. I thought it was stupid. I run NetWorX for my daily usage and I am running a Windows 10 machine.
That zuma joke made my day.

furpile

Expert Member
The usage will be accurate from Networx, but for your PC only. Also remember to check your upload usage, as that also counts as part of the 300 GB.

ZeroCool5254

Cool. good to know.

I spoke to telkom and decided to get my own line. Will get a capped/uncapped packaged from either access or cyber smart.
I still think it's better to just have my own internet. If i get throttled again i got nobody to blame but myself