Accused and Humiliated by staff when walking into Telkom Direct.

Tertio

I use Telkom purely for Adsl and not to make calls.

I went to Telkom in The Bridge, Port Elizabeth to pay my monthly bill. When I arrived I didn't open the door immediately, because I thought they were closed. I saw a few customers inside still being helped and pushed the wrong door and it didn't open. I stood there and a child looked at me and I said to the kid i want to pay. I went ahead and pushed the other door and it opened.

Once I walked in a coloured man, around 1.8 meters tall, large frame and short hair rushed up to me, accusing me in a loud voice in front of all the staff and customers that I forced open a locked door and that he saw me pushing it. Feeling humiliated I told him i did no such thing, but he repeated himself. I asked him to review the security footage, but instead he laughed at me and walk back to his desk. If I truly forced open a locked door purely by pushing it normally, there's a serious security threat at this branch.

I continued into the store, seeing customers sitting down with no staff nearby. While asking if they were in the que, the same man shouts from across the room that they are not here to help me. I told him i was only asking if they were in the que.

I've never felt this unwelcome before. For me the worst is that all the staff seem to just ignore the man attacking me and continued doing their own thing.

Is there anything I can do about this?

OCP

Expert Member
Phone the telkom complaints line - your call will be important while you wait as no 563 in the queue.

genetic

Honorary Master
Did you get the name of the said individual?

Report him.

Tertio

Thanks for the fast replies.

Complain to Brian Armstrong: armstrbc@telkom.co.za

I shall do so, Thanks.

queue

why is the idiotic man's race important?

I didn't get his name, would you then say that the fact that he is a man, around 1,8 meters tall and very short hair is also irrelevant in describing what he looks like?

Did you get the name of the said individual?

Report him.

I can go back and get it, was one of the sale assistants.

MickeyD

RIP
I didn't get his name, would you then say that the fact that he is a man, around 1,8 meters tall and very short hair is also irrelevant in describing what he looks like?

I can go back and get it, was one of the sale assistants.
Not required. CCTV recordings will ID him.

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
Complain to Brian Armstrong: armstrbc@telkom.co.za

the mention of the man seems to result in Telkom folks quivering in their boots

met him briefly at the MyBB meet - told him that his choice of Dylan quote in the presentation was not as relevant to the industry currently as "money doesn't talk, it shouts" which got a chuckle

MickeyD

RIP
the mention of the man seems to result in Telkom folks quivering in their boots

met him briefly at the MyBB meet - told him that his choice of Dylan quote in the presentation was not as relevant to the industry currently as "money doesn't talk, it shouts" which got a chuckle

That's him, the lead singer, having The Last Laugh in his funky pants!!

[video=youtube;wmrbhH7T12c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmrbhH7T12c[/video]

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
doesn't entirely explain why it has some folks shaking in the boots - unless he rocks up to work in a bike or threatens to use those pants as a dunce hat

RyanPCMR

Expert Member
This just sounds so wrong according to your story and I can only imagine how embarrassing it must have been for you. Hopefully you can get Telkom to do an investigation into the matter and possibly they might even make this guy search for another job very soon? Thanks for reporting this bad customer service. Holding thumbs that your issue gets enough attention! :)

dj_jyno

Expert Member
Telkom Direct is virtually useless, to be honest. They once told me that they don't accept account payments. So we now pay the Telkom account at Pick n Pay or Woolworths.

genetic

Honorary Master
Telkom Direct is virtually useless, to be honest. They once told me that they don't accept account payments. So we now pay the Telkom account at Pick n Pay or Woolworths.

Why not just pay online?

MickeyD

RIP

They cannot refuse your offer to pay. They tried it with me... told them where to get off.

ichigo

Executive Member

My Telkom direct does everything and are very good

RyanPCMR

Expert Member
My Telkom direct does everything and are very good

Telkom Direct Store close to me is willing to assist with most things except that they cannot assist with customer support and refers me to the 10210 every time. But besides that, they always try to assist as best they could. Telkom Direct, Marshalltown Exchange, Joburg CBD. Thanks for your great service guys! :)

ichigo

Executive Member
Telkom Direct Store close to me is willing to assist with most things except that they cannot assist with customer support and refers me to the 10210 every time. But besides that, they always try to assist as best they could. Telkom Direct, Marshalltown Exchange, Joburg CBD. Thanks for your great service guys! :)

Mines the midlands mall PMB and they usually call 10210 for me which is nice :)

MickeyD

RIP
I've always had good service from the Telkom Direct Shop on The Bridge. I wonder why? :whistling:

However, since they rebranded the shop as a joint Telkom and 8TA store, things started going downhill. There seemed to be friction between the two sets of staff!!

@Tertio, this rude oke... was he on the left or right side of the shop as you walked in?