Accused and Humiliated by staff when walking into Telkom Direct.

Seriously

Honorary Master
They cannot refuse your offer to pay. They tried it with me... told them where to get off.

They do. I used to call someone in PTA from my phone to complain and then give my phone to them commanded them to accept my payment. Eventually I just got fed up, canceled all my telkom lines and services and saved a lot of cash

Space_Chief

Honorary Master
Dude, it's Telscum. Don't expect anything. These people are rude. It's Telkom's nature.

Only time I was treated nicely in Bayside, was the one time I had the opportunity to let an elderly man who was behind me ahead. The woman at the desk saw this and even smiled at me and treated me quite politely.

Telkom just sucks. That brand is just ruined for me. It's like the post office. And heck some people do work hard at SAPO, and treat you nicely. But Telkom.... nah.

To be fair, I haven't been in Telscum Bayside in over a year because I now pay via debit order.

Madge

The crowd at Canal Walk in Cape Town is equally useless. Going there and asking for help is painful, all the staff seem to think they're doing you a huge favour by getting off their fat asses and doing some work.

upup

Executive Member
This shops do have supervisors.

What time did you walk into the door.

You can propose they put a press/pull sticker on their.

Our shop door is open always with a guard at it.

MickeyD

RIP
They do. I used to call someone in PTA from my phone to complain and then give my phone to them commanded them to accept my payment. Eventually I just got fed up, canceled all my telkom lines and services and saved a lot of cash
Hoor nou mooi wat ek sê....

They may NOT refuse to take your payment.

Totempole

Expert Member
The crowd at Canal Walk in Cape Town is equally useless. Going there and asking for help is painful, all the staff seem to think they're doing you a huge favour by getting off their fat asses and doing some work.

At least they're friendly, but yes, certainly not the most helpful bunch.

kianm

Honorary Master
When visiting those stores one just hopes for the best. I got good professional service from the Rosebank one though after a nightmare with some Christmas time staff at Greenstone. At least that douche was there temporarily

MickZA

Executive Member
I've always had good service from the Telkom Direct Shop on The Bridge. I wonder why? :whistling:

However, since they rebranded the shop as a joint Telkom and 8TA store, things started going downhill. There seemed to be friction between the two sets of staff!!

@Tertio, this rude oke... was he on the left or right side of the shop as you walked in?
Dunno about service levels as I haven't visited The Bridge store in quite a while - I find the whole Greenacres experience rather tacky & depressing these days and avoid going there if possible :(

MickeyD

RIP
Dunno about service levels as I haven't visited The Bridge store in quite a while - I find the whole Greenacres experience rather tacky & depressing these days and avoid going there if possible :(
Same here... Only time I go there is to my branch of the bank or Bargain Books.

I pay all my accounts online.

Arthur

Honorary Master
I haven't paid my Telkom account in years. I've given them free access to my account and every month they just take off what they need, up to a predefined maximum. I trust them and have never had the slightest issue. Makes life so much easier. :p

Arthur

Honorary Master
/hands Arthur a flamesuit
At least it's not a ladle. ;)

Seriously, though. I generally find Telkom a pretty professional organisation. Just last week I had a lightning strike which knocked out one of three lines. I logged a service request online and within 20 minutes the local repairman called to ask whether I'm in. He spent 20 minutes tracing the fault and within half an hour of arriving the line was repaired. Great service.

Back to topic.

OP should let Telkom management know. They're rather keen to get rid of those sorts of people as they cause great harm to customers and the company.

Last edited:

now05ster

Expert Member
At least it's not a ladle. ;)

Seriously, though. I generally find Telkom a pretty professional organisation. Just last week I had a lightning strike which knocked out one of three lines. I logged a service request online and within 20 minutes the local repairman called to ask whether I'm in. He spent 20 minutes tracing the fault and within half an hour of arriving the line was repaired. Great service.

Back to topic.

OP should let Telkom management know. They're rather keen to get rid of those sorts of people as they cause great harm to customers and the company.
Ya no. Maybe they are a pretty professional organisation as you put it, but free reign on my account, no. I will scrutinise my invoice and pay then via EFT thank you very much. Learnt he hard way.

Whatever works for you...

now05ster

Expert Member
At least they're friendly, but yes, certainly not the most helpful bunch.
I always had great service from the one white male there (race for ID purposes :sigh: ) whish I knew his name so shout out to him anyway.

Generally not bad service from them so OP's culprit must be new.

Last edited:

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Once I walked in a coloured man, around 1.8 meters tall, large frame and short hair rushed up to me, accusing me in a loud voice in front of all the staff and customers...

I always had great service from the one white male there (race for ID purposes :sigh: ) whish I knew his name so shout out to him anyway.

How DARE you guys! :mad: