Acer Aspire E1-571 i3 (Price reduced)

Idiosyncratic

Expert Member
Item name: Acer Aspire E1-571
Age and condition: 3+ years, used very irregularly as I have a desktop
Do you include packaging: No
Warranty: No
Reason for selling: Became a minimalist. Don't need two computers :)
Price: R2900
Negotiable: Yes
Shipping or collection: Prefer collection, but can ship at buyers' expense.
Specs:
Intel Core i3-2348M
Intel HD Graphics 3000
15.6" HD LED LCD
4Gb DDR3 RAM
500Gb HDD

The story:
So I bought this laptop a while back as I wanted something which would function as a part-time work laptop (only used desktops at the time). Still preferred working on the desktop, so the laptop was shelved and taken out very occasionally for work trips and presentations. Ultimately, the laptop doesn't see adequate utilisation and deserves a better home. A few months ago I bought a new battery as the old one was giving me 2-3 hours of battery life only (with constant use). The new battery is a real joy, but I'll give the buyer both the new one and the old one.
In addition, I recently imported a new extended battery (6800 mah for 40% extra ooompf). It wasn't cheap though and I never used it (tested it, but left the smaller new one in there as I didn't need hours upon hours of battery life) so I'm willing to sell it for an additional R1000 (but we can talk). It's definitely worth it and isn't much heaver or larger.

Overall condition: Good - a few shallow scratches on the lid.

Aspire1.jpegAspire2.jpegAspire3.jpegAspire4.jpegAspire5.jpegAspire6.jpeg

Last edited:

Tovad

Yes - I like Acer - I upgraded mine (almost exact same model but with an i5 bought in 2014), yesterday with 8GB DDR3 and a 250GB SSD - it now runs like a flash

Here is a picture - after removing the keyboard the MB must be turned over to reach the dimm slots (one is filled) but only 2 connectors, the fan and the Wi-Fi module need to be disconnected - took me only 30 minutes to do both..

Memory is cheap now - 8GB dimm R810...

Attachments

Last edited:

Idiosyncratic

Expert Member
Yes - I like Acer - I upgraded mine (almost exact same model but with an i5 bought in 2014), yesterday with 8GB DDR3 and a 250GB SSD - it now runs like a flash

Here is a picture - after removing the keyboard the MB must be turned over to reach the dimm slots (one is filled) but only 2 connectors, the fan and the Wi-Fi module need to be disconnected - took me only 30 minutes to do both..

Memory is cheap now - 8GB dimm R810...
Don't tempt me - I'll keep it! :rolleyes: ;)
You're right, I was looking to do the same a while back...with only a little bit of extra moola one can make a very decent machine a lot better, but I sadly don't use it enough to justify keeping it.