Acer Aspire Timeline Ultra M3 review (MyBroadband)

Viva

Expert Member
Looks like any other laptop to me. Are ultrabooks not supposed to have more or less <14" screens, with a SSD a bare minimum? That low resolution at 15.6 inches is also a let down.

Mr.CookieMonster

Expert Member
That laptop looks nice.

It has a 320GB SSD, Very impressive and a GT 600M Series graphics card. Way better than my GT 525M. I am impressed.

Marcan

Recently replaced my 9 and half year old Acer laptop with a brand new Toshiba i5. No, I was not using this old thing regularly anymore, just a desktop. Just like in this review of the Acer Ultrabook I was a bit disappointed with the 15.6 LED screen, definitely much better than the old Acer, but still poor viewing angles, especially vertically. But with an i5 2410M CPU (maybe not he latest generation), 640Gb HDD, an extra 4Gb RAM, 8Gb in total, 2Gb dedicated NVIDIA Geforce 525M Graphics, a BlueRay reader/writer al for R7.1K ,I am still happy. By the way that Acer hardware still works, only had once a silly temporary issue with the screen backlighting, that magically restored itself.

cozinsky

Expert Member
I got myself the Asus Zenbook Prime, 2nd generation and are very pleased with it. It has the highest resolution screen on the market for ultrabooks. It looks much like a MacBook Air, just looks nicer and runs Windows. It does not have a DVD drive but who uses that anyway? It just adds unnecessary bulk and I would not be interested in an Ultrabook if it has a CD drive.