Ackermans launches an iPhone lookalike

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Looks great just not sure why they would put Android Go on there. Android One would have been better.

gamer16

Honorary Master
Looks Great. Especially at that price point and the market it's designed for. Provided that it's got a good set of apps pre installed and a neat and simple UI and a bit of storage it should sell like hotcakes.

Totempole

Expert Member
If so, should be fine, most users have no need for a thousand core processor.
Perhaps not, but the overall experience will be exceptionally poor even compared to a Quad Core Snapdragon 425.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
If so, should be fine, most users have no need for a thousand core processor.
The MT6737 was already the budget of the budget when it launched, I don't think it's gotten better 2 years later.

I had/have a MT6750 in my one, for a 720p display, that's a higher clock with double the number of cores (BIG little cluster though), and that's already a bit laggy with near stock LG firmware. Trying to take HDR photos require you to wait for ~2-3 seconds minimum or else you will have a blur as the processing takes too long.

Considering the low MP count of the rear camera, it will probably be an okay speed, but again, this is budget of budget, so will be very bad quality compared to pretty much anything in even a slightly higher price range probably.

Screen will probably be a cheap 720p panel at best. Really interested if they actually managed to put some decent stuff at this price level. Actually quite interested if Qualcomm/Mediatek move to 7nm for the low end budget stuff as battery life and performance should have quite a jump.

Looks great just not sure why they would put Android Go on there. Android One would have been better.
No, Android Go includes a lot of tools to limit background data usage, e.g. cut down versions of most Google Services. It's perfect for the target market who is on a very small budget if they're looking at smart phones in that price category.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Sad that people have to settle for rubbish like this when they on a tight budget.

Makes me appreciate the Redmi Note 4 I got for R1800. Still have my LG G4, but the Redmi is actually fast enough and battery last 2 days.

Totempole

Expert Member
Sad that people have to settle for rubbish like this when they on a tight budget.

Makes me appreciate the Redmi Note 4 I got for R1800. Still have my LG G4, but the Redmi is actually fast enough and battery last 2 days.
Xiaomi phones are amazing value for money if you buy them from the right places. Takealot used to have some fairly well priced options, but somewhere between November and now, they had a massive price hike.

Mfza

Xiaomi phones are amazing value for money if you buy them from the right places. Takealot used to have some fairly well priced options, but somewhere between November and now, they had a massive price hike.
Where is the best place to get them? I'm keen on the new note 7

Lupus

Honorary Master

I've still got my G4 as well, regulated to a spare phone my son plays with, otherwise that was not a great purchase. Horrible battery life, no further updates on the OS and just slower then it should be. When I had a Redmi Note 3 for 3 months while the G4 was being fixed, I was like wooo this is how it should be.

Happy Days

It seems that it's now fashionable to say "...the X1 will feature a bezel-less design..." regardless of the truth in this case.

Happy Days